Data Compiling and Translation Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the designated UNODC focal point in the country where the UNV is posted, the national UN Volunteer will:
- Liaise with the full-time Community Volunteer in the country of assignment to collect the information gathered by part-time Community Volunteers in the course of their work on the drivers to illicit trafficking in border areas;
- Translate the info ration received into English and identify issues the most-commonly raised so as to bring them to the attention of the UNODC focal point;
- Asist the UNODC focal point in translating additional input from the Community Volunteers, especially with regards to human stories and multimedia content that the Volunteers may have created;
- Be in constant contact with the full-time UN Community Volunteer in the country of assignment to keep track of implementation and instructions from UNODC regarding the execution of the initiative;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by UNODC.
A first-level university degree in law, political science, global studies, international development, public policy or related fieldsRequired experience: 12 Months Experience remark:
- At least one year of professional work experience is required at the national and/or international level in programme implementation, policy/legal advice, research/analysis or other relevant experience with one or more of the fields of UNODC mandates (transnational organized crime, criminal justice, anti-corruption, drugs and health, sustainable livelihoods
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Vietman can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 1-11-2020