Community Volunteer for Research (for Moc Hoa)
Minimum age: 18 years old. Applicants must be local residents in the community of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the designated UNODC focal point in the country where the UNV is posted, the full-time Community Volunteer (Research) will:
- Conduct interviews of people living in border areas to understand the key factors behind a community’s attitude towards illicit trafficking and the possible remedial actions that could be put in place;
- Travel to nearby communities to reach out to more individuals to understand the local dynamics in those communities. Only day roundtrips will be allowed, i.e. no overnight stays outside the town/village of origin;
- Compile the information and data collected and send them every week to the full-time UN Community Volunteer in the country of assignment;
- Create communication contents on the implementation of the assignment (e.g. pictures, short films, narrative accounts – including human stories), while respecting security and safety rules, and send those to the full-time UN Community Volunteer in the country of assignment for forwarding to UNODC;
- Be in constant contact with the full-time UN Community Volunteer in the country of assignment to understand the latest instructions from UNODC regarding the implementation of the initiative;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by UNODC.
- Secondary school education or equivalent;
- Voluntary service, community engagement or work experience can be considered in lieu of any formal education.
- Good communication skills.
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a community UNV assignment. Only residence of Moc Hoa can apply for this advertisement
Application deadline: 1-11-2020