Finance & Operations Manager - Albania
Finance & Operations Manager - Albania
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also pr ovide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking expressions of interest for candidates to work on an upcoming UK Home Office project in Albania. The project will focus on Tackling drivers of serious and organised crime in Albania. It will run for 30 months from a main office in Tirana, with an indicative start date of January 2021.
The Finance and Operations (F&O) Manager will be responsible for the effective implementation of all financial, administrative, compliance and HR functions of the project. The position will be based in Tirana, Albania with intermittent travel to project and partner locations.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance and Operations Manager, are as follows.
* Ensure compliance with both client and Palladium financial processes and systems
* Preparation of annual client and Palladium forecasts, with regular updates (at least monthly) to ensure minimal variance
* Management of the project bank account
* Preparation of weekly field vouchers and all payment approval documentation
* Prepare monthly funds transfer requests (FTRs) for Palladium treasury detailing the forecast of expenditure for the month
* Work with the Team Leader to provide the required information for Value for Money reporting, ensuring that the project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is up to date and costs are being correctly charged to the project
Human Resource Management
* Prepare and maintain the fixed term employment contracts for all project staff
* Prepare and maintain monthly payroll for all project staff, ensuring timely payment and the deduction of appropriate taxes and benefits
* Support the Team Leader in the establishment of the performance management system, and ensure compliance of all line managers with the requirements and timelines of the system
* Keep up to date with changes in local legislation surrounding employment legislation and employer and employee obligations
* Prepare and maintain consultancy agreements for project consultants
* Establish and maintain the project management manual, updating as required to ensure it remains up to date
* Ensure that all payments are made with the correct statutory deductions
* Ensure that all statutory deductions are remitted to the appropriate authorities within the necessary timeframe
* Oversee the project annual financial audit, including procurement of the audit firm (if requested by the client) and facilitation of the audit process
* Prepare and maintain contracts for local suppliers and agents
* Ensure that all contracts are filed and recorded in an auditable fashion
* Work with the Project Associate to ensure that all contracts are approved by Contracts and Compliance before signing, as required
* Oversee all procurement of goods and services
* Ensure compliance with both Palladium and client procurement procedures
* Oversee the admin and logistics officer (or other delegate) in the maintenance of the asset register
* Act as the primary liaison point between the landlord and the project
* Ensure that all office supplies are procured appropriately, and accurate stock records are kept for all consumable items
Safety and Security
* Act as the project Safety and Security focal point, liaising as necessary with the Palladium corporate security team
* Establish and Maintain the project communications tree
* Maintain and update the project safety and security procedures as necessary throughout the life of the programme to ensure the safe and compliant operation of the project
* Experience of managing multi-year donor funded programmes in Albania, preferably over £2m in value (UK Aid funding is advantageous)
* Good understanding of financial compliance in Albania, including taxation and statutory reporting
* Good people manager, with experience of working with remote teams
* Excellent written and oral English communication skills
* Excellent IT skills, particularly use of Microsoft excel