Government Relations Officer, Iraq Program, L6
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP is implementing a multi-year project in Iraq to support authorities in their efforts to account for persons missing as a result of armed conflict and violations of human rights.
- Serves as liaison officer between ICMP and partnering governmental and international institutions (MoH, MoJ, MoFA, MF, MLD, MoMAA, MoI, UNITAD, ICRC, UN relevant institutions, IDP camps, Iraqi Provincial councils and governor’s offices);
- Assists in the planning and organization of formal meetings and field missions with national team and other stakeholders;
- Deploys to the field and/or mortuaries with relevant country team members to provide translation and administrative support, if needed;
- Contributes to the monitoring of and reporting on field activities (excavations and blood collection campaigns) of ICMP’s national team;
- Assists in data collection campaigns and any data collection requirements, including assistance to the MEAL Officer to support the collection of evaluation and learning data;
- Provides support to national team in proper use of iDMS field application and site locator;
- Serves as a public affairs specialist, and represents ICMP along with HoP and DHoP on official meetings and communicates and advocates ICMP priorities to local/regional/state and national officials and staff;
- Supports the delivery of training initiatives;
- Provides oral and written translation between the languages to/from English from/to Arabic for program staff as needed;
- Provides general internal administrative and coordination assistance to the country program; and
- Other related duties as assigned.