Finance coordinator (M/F) - SYRIA
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organisation that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a Financial Coordinator position based in Damascus, Syria.
With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo. SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria focuses on: Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission and as part of the Coordination team, you will be in charge of managing the financial team on various bases.
Your work will consist of:
Operational strategy and coordination
* Contributing to the elaboration of the mission's operational strategy.
* Participating in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
* Controlling the bank book keeping, checking and bank reconciliations.
* Supervising the invoices control as well as the storing, according to SIF procedures.
* Controlling and validating the monthly accountancy package and sending it to HQ.
* Defining and updating the conservation and cash flow procedures in accordance with the local context and proposing alternatives in case of context evolution.
* Validating the banking establishment choice, ensuring their solvency and reliability, optimising the conditions.
* Authorising the payment of mission's expenditures according to SIF procedures.
Budgetary and financial management
* Elaborating and validating the project's budgets.
* Editing, checking and communicating the monthly budgetary follow-up to the Coordination Team and to the base administrators and coordinators.
* Identifying financial risks and sensitising the coordinators to the risks on their domain which have a financial impact.
* Supervising the recruitment of the administrative and finance staff members (elaborating and correcting tests, preparing and conducting technical and managerial interviews).
* Managing the finance team (briefing, follow-up, management, performance interview).
* Defining and updating the team's training plan and ensuring its follow-up.
* Representing SIF as part of the activities to operational partners and to local or regional authorities.
* Attending conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
* Elaborating monthly administration and financial reports for the Head of Mission.
* Writing the administrative and financial part of the donors' reports according to the deadlines.
* Proposing improvements to the internal reports formats.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organisation, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
* Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, or Deputy Country Director, or Chief of Party with INGOs in similar context.
* Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
* Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
* Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
* Starting date : As soon as possible
* French fixed term contract : 12 months
* Remuneration according to our salary grid
* Monthly perdiem
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks
* Leaves every 3 months