Associate ICT Officer
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Associate ICT Officer
Under the technical supervision of ICT Officer or Administrative Officer, the incumbent implements the ICT operational plan in a well-defined geographical area. They provide technical supervision and guidance to locally recruited staff and ensure that ICT equipment is fully operational at all times. The incumbent receives technical support and guidance from their supervisor.
Internally, the incumbent liaises directly with own Service Delivery Team on a daily basis as well as with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues. S/he may also liaise with external service providers, as required, to resolve escalated infrastructure issues.
Interacts with Snr ICT Officer (ICT Services and Emergency Support) at the ICT Service Centre in Amman for technical guidance.
- UNHCR Country operation has modern and cost-effective ICT systems.
- UNHCR ICT equipment and data are protected.
- Participate in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs in each UNHCR office in the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Supervise the implementation of the ICT operations plan and thereafter ensures that all equipment is in good working conditions at all times as to meet the ICT needs of the offices.
- Discuss infrastructure needs with the Head of offices in the AOR and provide input for the budget submission.
- Monitor and coordinate the work of other ICT staff as directed by the Head of Offices in accordance with the standards set by Headquarters.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipment under AOR.
- Provide coaching and training to ICT staff and users. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the ICT equipment.
- Participate in the assessment of security related projects in coordination with the Field Security Advisor and assists in the formulation of recommendations on security communications.
- Promote relation with UNHCR implementing partners to enhance communication and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Liaise with the National Regulatory Authority to ensure that licenses and permissions required to operate UNHCR telecommunications networks are granted.
- Assist and advise offices in the recruiting and training of ICT staff.
- Actively participate in ICT related meetings to ensure that all decisions taken meet UNHCR's operational and security requirements.
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within his / her area of competence as directed by Supervisor/Head of Service.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents / problems.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if incident / problem cannot be resolved with scope of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
-Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in ICT or related subject plus minimum 3 years ICT experience supporting ICT infrastructure (LAN/WAN, HF/VHF radio, VSAT satellite systems, PABX, Cisco networking devices). Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master¿s) plus 2 years or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) plus 1 year of previous relevant work experience may also be accepted.
- Formal training and certification on satellite communication and IT systems.
- ITIL certification to the V3 Foundation level as a minimum.
- Hands on experience working in current versions of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server. SharePoint, Hyper-V and network monitoring software.
- Knowledge of VoIP technology and network systems.
- Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VoIP systems and knowledge of network monitoring software.
- Hands-on experience with current Microsoft technologies (Windows 7, Office 2010/2013, IIS, Lync, etc.).
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
- Practical experience working in the deep field.
- Experience working with an external managed service provider for ICT infrastructure maintenance and support.
- Knowledge of additional UN languages.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR Associate ICT Officer positions. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates C001L2 - Accountability Level 2
C002L2 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
C003L2 - Communication Level 2
C004L2 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
C005L2 - Client & Result Orientation Level 2
C006L2 - Organizational Awareness Level 2
M001L2 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 2
M003L2 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 2
X001L2 - Analytical Thinking Level 2
X002L2 - Innovation and Creativity Level 2
X003L2 - Technological Awareness Level 2
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this addendum is Thursday 29 October 2020 (midnight Geneva time).