Senior Campaigns Officer
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior Campaigns Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The incumbent will contribute to the strategic goals of PSP through the strategic planning, development and delivery of (multi-country) fundraising and engagement campaigns, appeals, assets, tools, resources, best practice communication and guidance that will increase brand awareness, trust, engagement and ultimately accelerate income for UNHCR.
This support will enable PSP markets to run effective ready-made or adapted fundraising campaigns and appeals and deliver increased resources to UNHCR¿s budget. The incumbent will establish strong working relationships with the PSP network and National Associations and help build their capacity in fundraising campaigns and appeals, but also work towards the wider organisational goal of UNHCR to increase its supporter base and expand its brand. The incumbent will work in very close collaboration with UNHCR¿s global communication, global advocacy and digital teams to optimize coordination and leverage opportunities for UNHCR in a coordinated and strategic manner.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Lead a small, multi-disciplinary fundraising campaigns team focussed on developing innovative and creative (multi-country) or other campaigns/appeals which could accelerate income fundraising from individual, corporate and foundation donors and increase trust, engagement and brand awareness.
- Responsible for performance management, budget management, development and delivery of the team work plan and for building effective working relationships with the PSP network and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop global private sector fundraising campaign strategy.
- Lead campaign design, development, planning, budgeting, resourcing and management of campaigns, appeals and other strategic approaches.
- Design and drive feasibility studies to assess viability of any potential fundraise campaign/appeal.
- Ensure from the start engagement from relevant actors (PSP, digital, advocacy, communications, brand, PSP markets/NPs and UNHCR¿s engagement pillars, divisions and operations) to ensure a whole of organisation approach where possible, feasible and strategic, and to ensure campaign, appeal or assets development is done with the widest strategic goals in mind.
- Ensure audience research is done and campaigns/appeals are strategically targeted.
- Manage campaign budgets and ensure clear timelines, ROIs and KPIs for each campaign.
- Oversee external vendors/creative agency engagement, build effective and efficient relations ships and manage project budgets and deliverables.
- Develop of creative fundraising products as part of the campaign¿s portfolio.
- Ensure innovative and creative approaches to ensure UNHCR¿s competitive advantage: consider involvement of younger less known innovative creative agencies where possible.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to and actively engage with PSP sections, markets and National partners, in order to optimize adoption and/or adaptation of campaigns globally.
- Assess viability of new ideas and initiatives as they arise.
- Manage UNHCR staff and contractors. Oversee contractors who are hired on contract basis.
- Lead brand equity study.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum of 9 years¿ experience working in communication and campaigns within a private sector fundraising context of which 6 years should be within an international humanitarian context. In depth knowledge of campaigns, advocacy, communications and marketing. In depth knowledge of campaign development. Solid understanding of fundraising including Individual and Leadership Giving strategies. Experience of marketing techniques including audience research methods. Experience of working with stakeholders at the highest level. Experience in digital communication and social media. Proven team management and excellent organization and diplomatic skills.
Proficiency in another relevant UN language is highly desirable.
ER-Communications/media/digital/social media communication monitoring/analysis/presentation;
BU-Project and Budget Coordination;
PS-Private sector fundraising and partnerships;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
X002L3 - Innovation and Creativity Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this addendum is Thursday 29 October 2020 (midnight Geneva time).