Programme Coordinator (SC9/SB5)
The UNDP KR is the lead Participating UN organization in the implementation of the Joint Programme on Reinforcing the SDG Financing Architecture (Component 1) funded by the UN Joint SDG Fund from 2020-2022. This Joint Programme (JP) aims at creating a holistic, comprehensive and integrated financing strategy, or Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF), with the ambition to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and transparency in the use of public funds and governance of private finance to support the implementation of Kyrgyzstan’s National Development Strategy (NDS) and the SDGs. The JP is articulated in three sequenced blocks or phases, which combine a range of complementary activities supporting the formulation of concrete policy recommendations for financing. By the end of its implementation, the government of Kyrgyzstan will a) have an improved policy framework for public and private finance to deliver on the NDs and the SDGs, b) have an improved strategic planning and budgeting administrative system to finance the NDS and the SDGs, and c) have improved monitoring and oversight for the implementation of the NDS and the SDGs.
The creation of a holistic financing strategy will mainstream and align the SDGs across planning, budgeting and financing processes in Kyrgyzstan. This new approach on financing for development using the SDGs has a common denominator, while at the same time engaging policymakers and development partners on some of the most pressing socio-economic challenges prioritized in this JP, such as education, will ensure that public and private resources, budget allocations and execution, investment strategies, fiscal policy objectives and partnerships for financing are efficient and effective for achieving sustainable development outcomes, including for the most vulnerable groups including women and children.
To ensure a smooth implementation of the important priorities of the Joint Programme, UNDP hereby recruits a Programme Coordinator who will provide support to the UNDP CO to engage with the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on NDS/SDG integrated financing agenda and manage the Joint Programme from substantial, administrative and financial angles in close collaboration with the Participating UN Agencies (UNICEF and UNESCAP) with direct engagement with the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and all key ministries, agencies and development partners.
Under the overall supervision of the UNDP CO SEG Team Leader, the Programme Coordinator will carry out the following duties and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and policy advice to the UNDP Country Office in the Kyrgyz Republic on key policy issues related to integrated NDS/SDG financing policy;
- Coordinate and serve as resource person, for Development Finance Assessment (DFA) and for the development of the Integrated National Financing Framework (INFF);
- Coordinate integrated NDS/SDG financing capacity building support initiatives in partnership with the Government and participating UN agencies;
- Provide strategic direction, guidance and quality assurance for the preparation of the analytical papers on NDS/SDGs Financing, taking into account gender aspects;
- Lead the preparation of annual donor meetings of the Joint Programme from substantial point of view, organized by the Government in partnership with participating UN agencies in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Coordinate and support NDS/SDG Financing awareness-raising events and campaign
- Manage the Joint Programme from substantial and financial angles and ensure aligning its activities with other National programmes/strategies and the respective institutions and development partners;
- Provide support in developing and implementing the methodological framework for the realization of the respective Outputs of the Joint Programme
- Cooperate and liaise with government stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination and partnership in common development efforts;
- Prepare materials for the programme documents and reports required for the purposes of a) resource mobilization, b) building collaboration with partners and c) reporting to donors, implementation partners and the public;
- Ensure gender aspects are mainstreamed into the integrated NDS/SDG policy and practice;
- Monitor regularly and ensure timely and adequate implementation of the Joint Programme action plans; prepare programme progress reports for approval by donors and other stakeholders;
- Maintain overall responsibility for coordination of performance and substantive outputs of national and international experts;
- Gather necessary information from other relevant programmes and best practices in Kyrgyzstan and abroad; Present information on programme activities to relevant institutions and governmental bodies, as well as ensure dissemination to broader public, as appropriate;
- Contribute to the development of fruitful working relations in the area of NDS/SDG financing with the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, UN system in the Kyrgyz Republic of Kyrgyzstan, as well as with the UNDP regional bureau and other country offices;
- Perform other duties that may be required by the UNDP CO Programme Officer on SEG.
- Prepare documentation and codification (knowledge management) of Programme methodologies and experiences for wide dissemination and institutional memory;
- Monitor regularly and ensure timely and adequate implementation of the Joint Programme action plans, undertake necessary preparatory actions for the planned activities, and liaise with relevant parties, if needed
- Handle correspondence and keep the filing system related to the Joint Programme
- Work towards achievement of goals set up in UNDP strategic documents (Corporate strategy, UNDAF, CPAP, Programme document etc.) and relevant national legislation
- Work with the Team Leader on the substantive aspects of the Joint Programme
- Perform other duties that may be required by Team Leader for effective implementation of the Joint Programme.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict.
- earning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, public administration, business administration, public finance and/or statistics, or other related field
- Gender certification is an asset
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in managing/coordinating projects and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects in public finance management and/or socio-economic development and/or crises response or other relevant areas, and/or working in a relevant position to this post;
- 1 year of supervising teams is required
- Strong technical knowledge of the issues in planning, budgeting and financing processes in Kyrgyzstan, and general understanding of all major Programme issues.
- Familiarity with development methodologies, including participatory approaches to strategic planning, strategic management and the management of institutional change in developing countries;
- Experience of work with the international organizations, high-level government officials representing central governmental bodies and local administrations;
- Experience in managing partnership for development projects related to public finance in Kyrgyzstan is a strong asset;
- Experience in public or private budget allocations and execution is an asset;
- Experience in investment strategies is a plus;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.