Training and Market Development Assistant
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the BMP Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Training and Market Development Assistant will:
- Study the project’s training programme and syllabus for the border agencies; provide input and support to relevant personnel to improve the training programme.
- Assist the project’s National Training and Liaison officer in organization and conducting training and educational activities, including provision of innovative solutions for conducting training in a challenging and restrictive environment (i.e. due to Covid-19 issue).
- Assist the project team in assessing cross-border trade between Tajikistan and Afghanistan at the cross-border markets, and provide consultative input and support in enhancing cross-border markets.
- Cooperate with relevant project personnel to analyze BMPs synergies with the Livelihoods Improvement in Tajik-Afghan Cross-Border Areas (LITACA) project, and assist in improving coordination and synergies between the two projects.
- Support project personnel in development of knowledge and learning materials for border agencies and border-adjacent community members on improving cross-border cooperation with neighboring countries.
- Study international best practices in the fields related to Border Management through both online and offline research and provide inputs into the project’s infrastructure, equipment supply, training and cross-border trade components.
- Join project’s field missions wherever possible for acquaintance with field activities and provision of the on-the-site support as needed.
- Support relevant project staff by drafting, proof reading, and editing communication materials, reports, knowledge and learning materials, press releases, etc.
- Assist project team in undertaking logistical tasks, such as acceptance, inspection and handover of equipment to project beneficiaries.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in the area related to the Security Sector, Education or International Relations.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in organizing and conducting educational events, preparation of knowledge and learning materials, or conducting research related to cross-border cooperation, or other relevant programmes.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Tajik(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;
- Have affinity with or interest in improving cross border cooperation and trade, and Integrated Border Management volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Tajikistan and legal residents in Tajikistan with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 05-11-2020