Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
UNAMA Medical is the primary health care provider for all UNAMA staff. The Section aims to protect and promote staff health, to sustain and improve their working capacity, to contribute to a safe and healthy working environment, and to promote the adaptation of work to the capabilities of staff, taking account of their health status. With this in mind and given the current heightened security situation in the mission environment, we are seeking medical officers with specialty in emergency medicine and or with skill sets acquired from qualification or extensive experience in the coordination of medical emergencies in the field. Under the direct supervision of Chief Medical Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Clinical Duties/ Emergency care:
- Respond to medical and trauma emergencies 24/7;
- Stabilize and refer/evacuate emergency medical and trauma cases;
- Development of emergency capacity of medical facilities in the UN;
- Assist in refresher training for Emergency trauma bag first responder course, individual first aid kit (IFAK) course and emergency first aid training;
- Provision of medical incident command system training;
- Revision and rehearsal of mass casualty plan in UN compounds;
- Participate and coordinate in-extremis exercises in UN compounds;
- Medical escort in aeromedical evacuations within Afghanistan;
- Prepare and update all emergency equipment;
- Identify and liaise with local health facilities that could be of help in mass casualty incidents;
- Provide in-extremis support to UNAFPs.
- Undertake day-to-day clinical duties, for example, the walk-in-clinic;
- Undertake day-to-day occupational health duties: Pre-placement, periodic and exit medical examinations, immunizations, maintain
- Current listing of staff members with chronic health conditions;
- Prepare UN staff for travelling and rapid deployment by: Providing immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travel kits, personal health maintenance briefing and etc.;
- Refer and follow up of staff members in need of specialist consultations;
- Verify all medical reports and advise staff members;
- Provide health education to all mission staff members across the board;
- Participate in addressing work environment and occupational health issues;
- Carry out hygiene inspections of the common places e.g. Cafeterias, GYM and ablution units; offices, UNOE Residences and etc.;
- Carry our health promotion and prevention activities.
- Perform other related duties to the above assignment as requested by the CMO.
- Support day-to-day operations through liaising with the various components in the mission and the local health care providers
- Participate in meetings arranged on health-related issues as and when assigned by the CMO.
- This position is to provide support to the UN and it partners.
Minimum requirement is a general practitioner Medical Officer with a degree in Medicine.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible clinical experience in medical care including emergency and trauma careLanguage skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Residency/internship/extensive experience in Emergency Medicine, Trauma care, ICU, Surgery, Anaesthesiology or Internal medicine
will be an added advantage .There is a need for recruiting General Practitioners who have continuous medical education and experience (not just formal education). Knowledge in the following continuous medical education and certification is highly desirable as this experience will ensure that training can be given to staff members as well as experience in stabilization and referral of medical and trauma emergencies.
- Advanced Trauma life Support (ATLS);
- Basic Cardiac Life support (BCLS;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS);
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS);
- Knowledge in clinical and occupational, tropical/travel medicine and emergency responses;
- Aeromedical evacuations;
- Ability to provide first aid training to staff members
Accountability, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Haiti and legal residents of (program country or territory) with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 9-11-2020