Human Resources Officer
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those affected by the world’s worst humanitarian crises. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based and urban-based refugee assistance. IRC is currently addressing the needs of war-affected Syrians from several operational bases in the region. The IRC’s activities in the region focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical supplies, non-food items, water and sanitation and child protection and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq to assist refugees, IDPs and conflict-affected Syrians survive conflict and displacement.
The HR Officer is responsible for day-to-day HR & administrative requirements, functions and to assist the HR Team in all related HR & Admin functions.
· Handling the on boarding and off boarding procedures in a timely manner for staff and service contracts
· Issue and manage staff and consultancy contracts, renewals, and extensions.
· Work with Learning and Development to ensure timely completion of orientation and performance management processes.
· Follow up and ensure staff goals and performance evaluation are submitted and filled in their personal files.
· Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
· Update mailing and distribution list on monthly bases
- Prepares official letters (employee certificate, experience letters, employee change status form, etc.) and any other requested documents.
- Coordinate for the training sessions and follow up and ensure that all employees took the mandatory trainings (IRC way. etc.)
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and Council on human resource and work-related issues.
· Collect and check all timesheets on monthly bases, ensure the leaves are submitted in the system
· Filling employees’ personal documents and ensure that HR files are maintained and up to date.
· Ensure staff records on Mena and HR portal are up to date
· Assist on volunteers’ tasks and duties (selection, prepare the agreement, on boarding and Off boarding process)
· Work closely with IBV/HR Officer and focl points to support and handle volunteers selection process , on boarding and off boarding and monthly payments . In addition to conduct IRC way session , issue and renew volunteers agreements , experience letters and any other related issues.
· Day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position reports to: HR Manager
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: none
Other internal: All field staff – Amman-Field HR based Staff.
Other external: Relevant stakeholders, both government and INGOs.
· University Degree in management, human resources administration or related fields.
· Approximately 2 years of professional experience in Human Resources Management.
· Professional HR experience preferably with an INGO.
· Strong sense of personal integrity.
· Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
· Team work skills.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
· Fluency in Arabic and English.
Working Environment*:* The position is based in Irbid ; with regural vistis to Ramtha , Amman , Mafraq and Azraq
Standards of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please Apply Through the following Link: