Job Readiness Training Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
The IRC in Tucson seeks an intern to support our Economic Empowerment Unit by helping clients complete job training classes. Through the Job Readiness Training (JRT) classes, refugees resettled by the IRC in Tucson receive information on finding employment in Tucson, workplace culture in the US, how to apply and interview for jobs, and rights and responsibilities in the workplace. The intern will assist the JRT Volunteer with facilitating JRT classes by supporting classroom activities such as mock interviews and filling out applications. Additionally, volunteers may administer the JRT pre/post assessment to clients with the help of an interpreter. JRT class is held Monday-through-Friday from 1-3pm.
· Support the Job Readiness Training staff/volunteers in facilitating JRT curriculum.
· Conduct mock interviews and help clients fill out applications.
· Administer JRT pre-post assessments with the help of an interpreter.
· Complete other tasks as assigned.
· Practice teaching in an English-learner classroom.
· Practice languages you may be learning (Kiswahili, Arabic, Kinyarwanda, etc.).
· Learn about the refugee resettlement process and how refugees find jobs and achieve economic self-sufficiency.
Reports To: Katrina Martinez