Finance Officer - readvertised
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and payments are made in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and review finance supporting documents to the payment requests for accuracy and completeness before payments are processed
- Process payments in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and completeness for all entries made onto the online and mobile money platforms
- Ensure that all the vendor codes and general ledger codes are correctly captured on the vouchers to facilitate correct entries in the accounting system and compliance with the approved chart of accounts
- Support the Senior Finance officer to complete the cash books and advance reconciliations
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
- Review of Field finance data files for accuracy, completeness and correctness of descriptions, amounts and coding.
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of program advances and charges related to staff personal accounts (T7) and advise the supervisor on course taken to settle outstanding balances.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertaken at the country office
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.