Data and Case Intake Analyst
New York City (United States of America)
The Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU) ensures that the IRC integrates a culture of Ethics and Compliance into its business globally and at all levels of the organization, in accordance with the IRC Way: Standards of Professional Conduct (IRC Way), our values, and the law; and maintains effective policies, procedures, controls, processes, and systems to prevent, detect, and investigate potential violations of internal policies, law or regulation or material failures. ECU addresses the IRC’s activities, and those of related third parties that may be viewed as acting on the IRC’s behalf such as partners, sub-grantees, subcontractors, suppliers, short-term workers, and others. The ECU is responsible for the IRC’s Enterprise Risk Management, Anti-Fraud Program, IRC Way, and global internal investigations.
The Data and Case Intake Analyst provides support to the ECU Case Intake and Investigation teams by designing and implementing internal processes for data management and providing metrics and statistics for internal and external stakeholders on investigations.The Data and Case Intake Analyst is responsible for investigations data management, under the direction of the Senior Case Officer, and providing technical advice, metrics, and trending information regarding Investigation activities through data analysis, in coordination with other departmental staff, as appropriate.Responsibilities include maintaining the integrity of the data management system, analyzing data, identifying and preparing key insights and trends for ECU to share as appropriate with several internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, the Data and Case Intake Analyst will identify and implement data management improvements and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as needed.
Reporting & Metrics
• Develop and implement processes for all elements of Case Intake team data management.
• Managing the data collection process: from EthicsPoint data (Investigations Case Management system), data mining of other sources, data cleaning, consolidation into a common data structure mapping all processes.
• Preparation of scripts so that data cleaning processes can be automated for assessment of raw indicators, derived indicators and calculation of numeric indicators to provide automated benchmarking.
• Build dashboards, data visualization, and presentations to communicate during meetings with key stakeholders.
• Build and handle the consistent data flow and workflow data points between databases and dashboards
• Collaborate closely with IT to develop and deliver system requirements for data management and related processes.
• Drive the delivery and management of routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, as well as providing support on numerous ad-hoc reporting requests.
• Translate raw data and information into clear and concise metrics for non-technical individuals.
• Prepare donor and regulatory reports and other internal documentation relating to cases for distribution to internal and external stakeholders.
• Create quarterly reports, and metrics for key internal stakeholders, Board Committees, and donors.
• Participate in internal projects that may improve processes that require partnership with cross functional teams
• Ensure adherence to the internal policies and local or business-specific privacy requirements, including the GDPR.
Case Intake Support
• Document and acknowledge allegations of misconduct.
• Analyze and categorize incoming allegations by type of misconduct and potential severity based on established criteria, following up as needed to acquire additional information.
• Ensure that internal ECU protocols are followed to open maintain, update, and close ECU case files.
• Facilitate communication regarding case developments to stakeholders, ensuring case files are appropriately updated in the case management system.
• As assigned, monitor ECU’s internal Integrity email account, triage, respond to allegations received, and support inquiries in accordance with internal protocols to ensure timely follow-up.
• Serve as a back-up administrator for the case management system.