Immigration Services Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
Immigration Services Interns and Fellows work with the Immigration Program Manager to directly assist clients with the processing and filing of applications for family reunification, lawful permanent residence, affidavits of relationship, and other immigration petitions necessary to receive legal residency in the United States and reunite family members. Interns and Fellows may also contribute to marketing and community education strategies which raise awareness about IRC immigration services.
· Set-up and conduct intake and immigration interviews with assistance from an interpreter and immigration staff.
· Prepare and complete immigration applications and petitions on behalf of refugees, asylees, and immigrants for submission to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
· Conduct follow-up, including written and telephone communication with USCIS and respond to requests for further evidence and inquiries.
· Maintain case files by copying, faxing, and inputting information in immigration case management database.
· Notify clients of USCIS interviews; ensure they have immunization records, photos, and other required documents complete and available for the interview.
· Assist the Director to complete Affidavits of Relationship for family reunification; manage case files and client communication.
· Conduct community outreach to refugee and immigrant population.
· Assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Immigration Program Manager.
Reports To: Alejandra Encinas Garcia