Consultancy to help UNICEF Bulgaria CO in development of a platform in support of children with disabilities and special needs
UNICEF is looking for a consultant to provide technical expertise and to support UNICEF in coordination and monitoring the development of an online platform tailored to the needs of children with disabilities and special needs
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
UNICEF and the Ministry of Education and Science and the Regional Inclusive Education Support Centers in Bulgaria initiated a project that will support children with disabilities and special need by developing an online platform that will provide video content tailored for the needs of children with disabilities and special needs and would allow improved collaboration among professionals but also with the family.
How can you make a difference?
- Support the coordination of the project for development of platform in support of children with disabilities by reviewing work deliverables and reporting to UNICEF Education Officer and ICT Associate.
- Provide technical expertise to UNICEF to strengthen the monitoring over the project deliverables as per the ToR for the technical requirements of the platform.
- Report to UNICEF Education Officer and ICT Associate for any technical issues related to the development of the platform making sure that the requirements of UNICEF and the national partners – Ministry of Education and Science and the implementing partner – the Regional Inclusive Education Support Center Sofia are reflected and addressed in the deliverables expected by the company developing the platform;
- Prepare regular status reports on weekly basis during the first three months of the project and after that on a two-weeks basis;
- Support the process of testing of the platform by fulfilling test scenarios and collaborating with the actors involved to address pending issues with a special focus on the accessibility standards that are required for children and people with disabilities;
- Collaborate with the IT focal point at the Regional Inclusive Education Support Center for collecting feedback from the users (specialists, teachers, parents and the national admins) and providing recommendation for addressing thоse and improving the process.
Full details of the work assignment is available here: IE Platform Consultant ToR VA.pdf
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV ideally with a reference to similar projects completed and a Cover Letter including a financial offer to complete the work assignment or a daily fee in BGN.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Proven experience in the area of web platforms and applications design and development;
- Extensive knowledge of the latest web technologies;
- Team management experience, incl. in coordination or management of similar projects;
- Self-driven and result oriented personality;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of English language;
- Knowledge of system security requirements;
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.