Technology Platform Specialist
Focused on Measurement technology support, the Technology Platform Specialist is a member of the team responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting IRC’s global technology tools and platform for the organization. This includes CommCare, Kobo, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft SQL server Azure based data warehouse. Working in partnership with staff at various levels and locations, the Platform Specialist performs a key role in analyzing, developing, and improving tools and processes supplying to the successful rollout of the Technology for Measurement products
Specific tasks include technology implementation support, project configuration, technical assistance and issues routing, front line help desk application support, and participation in setting standards for processes, data quality, security, and systems configurations.
• Resolve support requests and handle further routing of support questions, issues, and risks within IT team and with the larger Measurement team.
• Ensure the technology tools and platform adhere to IRC systems standards and processes.
• On a project-by-project basis, provide guidance in digitizing paper-based forms, convert data to appropriate format and migrate data from existing sources (e.g., spreadsheets) into CommCare.
• Work with business partners including Project Advisors and Regional Technology support teams to gather and analyze requirements for data collection and data visualization tools!
• Develop and improve CommCare applications and Microsoft Power BI dashboards in-close collaboration with the Measurement Project Advisors to support toolkits development and rollout!
• Provide learning, mentorship and support to regions and countries in developing and/or improving CommCare applications and Microsoft Power BI dashboards per global standard requirements and standards.
• Provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 support emerging from Countries and Regional Technology support team for the products rolled out.
• In collaboration with the data engineers and data architect, capture requirements for data integration needs and transform data from various data sources that can be aligned and imported into the data warehouse.
• Participate in the design, implementation, and operation of data quality processes as they apply to the data platform
• Participate in the maintenance of systems and user documentation and advocate for improvements in infrastructure to support efficient operation of measurement technology offerings within the areas of operation
• Support standards for data protection, confidentiality and data security for the technology systems and collaborate with key teams in IT security and protection teams for guidance as needed