Sr Advisor, M&E Technology
New York City (United States of America)
Any IRC country considered. Preference for time zone between East Africa and New York.
Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.
The purpose of the role is to lead IRC’s Measurement Technology Team to own, deliver and ensure the ongoing relevance of the Measurement Unit’s technology strategy, including leading business analysis efforts, managing new and existing technology platforms and the associated project and support teams.
Position Reports jointly (through a Management in Partnership) to the Senior Director in the Measurement Unit, and the Director of Data Insight, Systems & Architecture in IT. They will work in strong collaboration with Measurement, IT and CRRD departments.
• Measurement Unit IT Support Team Leader (who in turn manages 3x Platform Support Specialists)
Management in partnership
• Measurement Technology Regional Support Specialist x5 (in partnership with the relevant regional teams
• M&E Data Product Leads x2 (in partnership with the Director of Data and Monitoring)
Key Responsibilities under each of the key areas
1. Lead the technology tool alignment to strategic measurement areas
• Working with colleagues in Measurement, Programs, IT and Global Supply Chain, to thoroughly understand needs and select technology platforms for IRC teams to use in program delivery and management
• Develop and manage a product strategy and roadmap for priority M&E technology developments, especially CommCare and Power BI.
• Lead business analysis work for IRC’s new programmatic data platform, ensuring requirements are analysed, documented and understood by the technology team.
• Lead the change management for new technology platforms or major new functionality within existing technology
2. Technical oversight of IT projects
• Own and embed project governance arrangements for proposed and ongoing IT projects
• Provide oversight of ongoing projects, ensuring that they are undertaken in alignment with relevant project methodologies and IRC’s overall data architecture
• Ensure M&E IT products adhere to relevant policies including but not limited to those related to data ethics, system security and user management
• Support colleagues in IT and Measurement to develop a consistent architecture for programmatic data, and ensure it is reflected in subsequent and current IT products
3. Support uptake of technology tools
• Lead all aspects of business as usual support for existing M&E technology platforms including management of staff based remotely
• Support country, regional and technical teams to improve readiness for technology deployment and use.