Resettlement Assistance Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
Resettlement is at the heart of the IRC’s work with refugees. Services provided meet refugees’ basic needs for food, shelter and legal rights in the early, critical stages of the long-term resettlement process. All activities lay the foundation for clients to become self-sufficient and contribute positively to their new community. The Resettlement Assistance Intern will support the Resettlement Supervisor in quality assurance of files and service deliveries.
· Assist in preparation of file set-up for all newly arrived and enrolled clients
· Upload client documents in internal database
· Assist in managing direct financial assistance for clients and reconciliation of credit card statements
· Assist with service documentation through case-notes and case file maintenance
· Conduct quality control of case files to ensure compliance and completion
· Administrative and clerical support to staff including filing, copying, and distribution of client documents
· Support the Resettlement Supervisor in additional tasks as necessary
· Develop relationships with all of IRC staff members and clients of different cultural backgrounds
· Intern will acquire detailed knowledge of programs (e.g. Matching Grant, Arizona Refugee Resettlement Program, etc.) and public benefits available for refugees during their resettlement period
· Intern will learn reporting requirements for resettlement agencies
· Intern will gain exposure to case work in the resettlement field.
· Professional development and administrative assistant skills
Reports To: Noor Dawari