AKADEMIYA2063 (A2063) was established to continue and expand the portfolio of policy research and capacity-strengthening support for implementing the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). AKADEMIYA2063 overall mission is to provide data, policy analysis, and capacity-strengthening support that enables African Union member states to achieve inclusive and sustainable development and economic prosperity. AKADEMIYA2063’s programs portfolio consists of The Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (ReSAKSS), the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium, and the Malabo Montpellier Panel (MaMo Panel). AKADEMIYA2063 is headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, with a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Through its department of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology, AKADEMIYA2063 seeks a qualified candidate to serve for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment as an IT Assistant. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Data Management, Digital Products, and Technology and the position is based in Dakar, Senegal.
The candidate must have a good experience in web development to assist the department’s team in the construction of AKADEMIYA2063 websites, digital platforms, and data portals, and show a strong capacity in working autonomously and dealing with several priorities in a fast-paced environment. A good knowledge of relational databases is also required. She/he must have a strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity of collaborating with the staff at different level of the organization. She/he must have a strong capacity of self-motivation, must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have high organizational skills, organizational planning, and reporting.
The IT Assistant is expected to contribute to AKADEMIYA2063’s work by providing daily IT support, including but not limited to:
- Support the technical managers on daily tasks;
- Implement, monitor, and maintain the IT infrastructure of the offices (Dakar, Kigali);
- Provide offices networks configurations, maintenance, and security services (Dakar, Kigali);
- Report any repairs and maintenances activities to the team;
- Provide technical assistance to office staffs as needed;
- Manage, staff email accounts creation and troubleshooting;
- Manage software purchasing for staff;
- Ensure the installation, updates and upgrades of software and systems;
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency;
- Supervise and process help desk support requests;
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems;
- Assist the department of Communications and Outreach in setting the IT environment for conferences, webinars, and conference calls;
- Backing and maintaining servers and databases;
- Assist in (Geographic Information Systems) GIS data preparation and processing;
- Assist in drafting reports, presentations, and training materials;
- Ensure the acquisition, the proper operation, and the management of office equipment’s such as printers, fax, copiers, data storage facilities and servers, and any digital and technological device
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT;
- Good experience and knowledge of Mac OS environment and tools;
- Good experience and knowledge of database administration and design (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Proven experience in software upgrades/installations and testing procedures;
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Adaptation capacity and flexibility in a changing environment;
- Ability to interface smoothly and communicate effectively across multiple teams and disciplines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer.