DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Operations Director (OD) provides leadership, direction and management of all Program Support functions which includes Procurement, Administration, Information Technology(ICT) and Supply Chain Management/Logistics for CARE Turkey. A significant part of the OD’s responsibility is the oversight of the program support activities to reduce risk and ensure compliance with donors, CARE and accepted practices in these areas. In the CARE Turkey context, the OD is expected to be more hands-on and perform most of the routine tasks in preparing of the necessary documents, getting necessary approvals and submitting these for authorization, payment and processing in PeopleSoft.
He/she will manage, supervise and monitor all aspects of the CO’s administrative, procurement, logistics and ICT activities based on CARE policies and procedures. They will ensure that functions are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively and the services provided to projects are adequate. He/she will provide coaching, mentoring and training to staff to develop their skills and knowledge. The OD will provide leadership to the CO as part of the senior management team in the areas of program support strategic planning and policy development. In addition, this position has the responsibility to account for CO program support resources, ensuring the proper authorization for and use of the resources, and managing any risk of misuse or loss of the resources.
The position requires the development of CO annual plans related to program support functions and the management of annual objectives to completion. Additionally, the position requires the application of skills that promote staff development through team-building, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Senior Leadership
- Administrative Management
- Procurement and Logistics Management
- Logistics, Warehouse and Asset Management
- Manage the IT functions, with the support of the IT Coordinator
- Master’s Degree in relevant field with emphasis in Business Administration
- Experience in managing operational aspects of complex humanitarian operations.
- Advanced Management Training and experience
- Advanced Procurement and Logistics Experience
- A minimum 7 years experience in a senior management on procurement, logistics and administration and overall program support functions.
- Demonstrated and long term experience in complex team management (25+) team members
- Senior and extensive experience in procurement and logistics in a large scale, humanitarian operation.
- Extensive knowledge donor compliance regulations on procurement and and logistics
- Intra and cross departmental solutions skills and orientation
- Coaching, mentoring, training facilitation, and team building skills
- English Language
- Understand and have worked with PeopleSoft
- Turkish and/or Arabic language skills
- Familiarity with Oracle accounting software - Peoplesoft
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.