MARKETING CLOUD ARCHITECT
Atlanta (United States of America)
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE USA seeks to grow increase our community of engaged supporters by continuously improving our capacity to customize our communications and opportunities in ways that appeal to their interests and drive greater loyalty. As part of this growth strategy CARE needs to build greater supporter retention among stakeholders. To achieve this CARE is looking to aggressively grow its capacity to provide a donor/supporter centered experience. Towards that end, CARE seeks a Salesforce Architect who will function as solution architect, analyst, administrator, and subject matter expert. This role is based in Atlanta and will provide technical expertise and drive data driven decision making.
CARE’s Marketing Cloud Architect will work with a cross section of employees from across the organization based in DC, Atlanta and globally and will have a hands-on role in the ongoing technical maintenance of the platform while helping build and then support the execution of our digital marketing programs using Marketing Cloud. This is a hands-on role on a small but growing team, and the candidate will need to be comfortable shifting between tactical email sends, data analysis, and building then implementing a roadmap for growth.
Marketing Automation and Campaign Management SME
This person will provide expertise in marketing automation processes and campaign management and manage ongoing Marketing Cloud implementations, troubleshoot system errors and provide user support. Additionally, the position will support the development and execution of marketing, fundraising and advocacy programs that use Marketing Cloud and Salesforce apps such as Email Studio, Automation Studio and Journey Builder.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect will build Marketing Cloud Journeys following design and process guidance provided by marketing, fundraising and advocacy SMEs. They will also develop and create responsive, best-in-class email templates for CARE business units.
- * Manage email deliverability, database hygiene, subscription management and compliance with global opt-in laws and regulations;
- * Structure and implement marketing tests to drive optimization (e.g., test creative, copy, audience segments, triggers, etc.);
- * Exceptionally high attention to detail, maintaining design integrity during the build process
Data Management and Analysis
This position will track, maintain, monitor and analyze broader campaign performance data for CARE’s marketing team including: Owned (web, email, social), Earned (PR & Influencer) and Paid marketing efforts.
- * Create and maintain Automations / Data Extensions and connector data transfer processes in Marketing Cloud.
- * Document a rigorous monitoring and QA process for DEs to ensure that the expected audiences are included and excluded, and that any unexpected inclusions/exclusions are identified and resolved.
- * Track, maintain, monitor and analyze broader campaign performance data for CARE’s marketing team including: Owned (web, email, social), Earned (PR & Influencer) and Paid marketing efforts.
- * Analyze data from analytics and assist in implementation improvements to Marketing Cloud performance and deliverability;
- * Oversee new data in Marketing Cloud and advise on data use for targeting, configuration strategy and reporting;
- * Coordinate with CARE clients and 3rd parties to identify and obtain sign off on requirements for new roll-up fields and audience segments. This includes providing thought leadership on the best way to meet requirements with existing or new data in the CRM and identifying and communicating gaps, limitations or dependencies along with recommended alternatives or mitigations.
- * Partner with CRM team to build deep expertise on CRM data
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect is responsible for maintaining the integration between Salesforce and Marketing Cloud. They will provide ongoing support with all Administrator functions.
- Execute development and advanced configuration activities within the marketing cloud platform;
- Perform Administrator functions such as user management, data management, etc.;
- Work with Salesforce, support vendors and internal technical staff to troubleshoot and apply new features, upgrades and patches;
General Responsibilities/Project and Relationship Management
- Collaborate with marketing, fundraising, advocacy and digital teams;
- Maintain open communication regarding project status, issues, concerns, etc.;
- Identify project risks and present alternatives to alleviate or resolve issues;
- Validate solution components and provides training for internal staff when appropriate;
- Involved in usability and accessibility testing for templates;
- Develop and maintain email templates within Marketing Cloud;
- Develop and enhance our user preference center within Marketing Cloud;
- Identify areas of improvement and make actionable recommendations to increase operational efficiency and user adoption;
- Develop documentation of current processes and future enhancements;
- Keep abreast of new technology to help create new processes / enhancements to Salesforce.com;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a Salesforce Exact Target/Marketing Cloud Technical Admin
- Experience working with Marketing Cloud data extensions, SQL queries and AMPScript
- Experience documenting customer problems and software solutions using BRDs, wireframes, diagrams, workflows and mockups
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new analytic systems and deeply evaluate the technical components of a product from a business perspective
- Creative problem solver and out of the box thinker who can effectively collaborate with a range of stakeholders throughout a matrixed organization to get those things done
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices (preferably for nonprofits)
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with Salesforce.com Associated digital/development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with developing SQL with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification required
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.