Surveillance Data Assistant (Roster)
To provide technical support to the Center for Data and Information unit (Pusat Data dan Informasi/Pusdatin) of the Ministry of Health (MoH) to accelerate data collection and analysis for COVID-19 and other relevant surveillance units. Ten (10) Surveillance Data Assistant positions to be deployed to Jakarta and priority provinces
Under the direct supervision of COVID-19 IMT leader /WHE team leader, and in close collaboration and coordination with the Ministry of Health the incumbent will
- Assist the Ministry of Health in existing COVID-19 database management to monitor COVID-19 programme implementation at subnational levels.
- Ensure inputting of accurate and consistent data that are received from sub national levels into New-AllRecord (NAR).
- Assist the Ministry of Health in EWARS, SARI/ILI sentinel surveillance and other relevant surveillance data entry and analysis
- Perform basic data analysis and produce reports in various formats including graphs, charts, etc. as required as well as disseminate the data reports in consultation with Pusdatin and provincial and district health offices.
- Provide additional updates and data analysis as required.
- Provide technical support to MoH on the specific data required from them in relation to the different indicators monitored by MoH (telephone support or travel to other offices) as required.
- Train data staff at sub-national levels on the use of the database as required
- Conduct field visits to the selected provinces/laboratory/districts to provide support in data entry and basic analysis areas.
- Undertake any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor as required.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Understanding of data entry, data analysis and producing reports
- A first degree in Public health focusing on epidemiology or biostatistics
- A Master’s degree in Public health focusing on epidemiology or biostatistics
- Training on data management
- At least two years of professional work experience in the data entry and analysis
- At least four years’ experience working with the Ministry of Health or provincial or district health office
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization
Expert knowledge of written and spoken English and native language skills in Bahasa Indonesia
Computer literacy: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Annual salary: In accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA (Level 3: 9,378,067 – 14,588,067 IDR)
For information on WHO's operations please visit:
A written test may be used as a form of screening for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide on applicant’s eligibility to appear in the interview.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.