Basic Literacy Teacher - Arsal
The Basic literacy teacher will be working closely with psychosocial staff to provide basic literacy classes to street and working children in the child protection street and working children program both in and around Tripoli. Street and working children often lack basic access to service and education. Working alongside case workers and PSS officers conducting psychosocial activities, the BLT will provide basic literacy to street and working children on a weekly basis.
Who this position reports to:
- SaWC PSS Assistant
- Provide effective teaching in basic literacy and numeracy to street and working children in locations where psychosocial activities are conducted. For a 3 days a week following curriculum and calendar.
- Implement child –centered teaching methods, and diverse teaching techniques to engage children.
- Maintain a safe and effective teaching / learning environment during the sessions on the street or in a SHLS.
- Enhance communication with parents through though proper communication channels with parents through PSS officers and case workers
- Prepare teaching hand outs and activity sheets prior to sessions where appropriate.
- Assess children’s learning progress using assessment tools, at the beginning implementation of the sessions and on a 3 month basis.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: PSS Assistant