Medical Doctor internist specialist
São Tomé (Sao Tome and Principe)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of UNDP Representative the UN Volunteer will undertake the main following tasks:
- High quality COVID-19 surveillance and medical care provided to in-patients and ICU patients within the country, specifically in Principe;
- Improved and expanded equitable access to quality health services for the local population;
- Capacity strengthened for in-service local medical professionals to ensure continuity of quality medical care after the UNV is gone;
- Training of trainers in best practices in internal medicine for National doctors and nurses;
- Supports the provision of health services at the National Hospital and COVID-19 campaign hospital;
- Ensure optimum and rational use of resources while respecting medical ethics;
- Implement appropriate training programs for medical staff and develop medical capabilities and capacity;
- Participate actively in organizing referrals, casualty and medical evacuation services provided to mission personnel.
- As a member of the Crisis Management Team (CMT), participate in the preparation and implementation of Business Continuity Planning standard operating procedures and training for the Mission area of responsibility;
- Provides health education to patients and advises them on healthy living practices;
- Participate in the planning, management and implementation of adequate infection control measures in the mission health facilities at all levels;
- Provides relevant public health guidance to the facility management team in the mission and contractors providing catering, sanitation and fumigation services at the MoH;
- Participates in the planning, organizing and implementation of Forward Medical Team;
- Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, responding to emergencies;
University Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MB.BS or MD) or its equivalent with speciality as infectiologist.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Years of work experience: A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience is mandatory.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible clinical experience in as internist;
- Previous experience dealing with COVID-19 is an asset;
- UN field experience is considered an asset;
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis and infectious diseases is considered an asset.
Computer skills: word processing and excel
Language skills: Fluency in oral and written in Portuguese or Spanish it’s necessary for communication purpose, French or English maybe an option.Language skills:
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 17-11-2020