Senior Team Leader/Education Specialist - Midterm Performance Evaluation
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 100 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS seeks a Senior Team Leader/Education Specialist for the upcoming Mid-term Performance Evaluation of USAID/Mali’s Girls Leadership and Empowerment Through Education (GLEE) Activity. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess the progress made by the GLEE Activity toward expected results, determine what mid-term course corrections are needed, and use the findings to inform the design of future projects.
The performance evaluation will gather and analyze data on three objectives:
* The degree to which key barriers faced by adolescent girls to access quality education has decreased.
* Whether the safety of girls in schools and their communities has increased.
* Whether the knowledge and adoption of positive health behaviors of adolescent girls has increased.
Note: This position is contingent on contract award.
* Oversee the day-to-day management of contract activities, involving multiple tasks across multiple locations.
* Serve as the principal interlocutor between the evaluation team members and USAID.
* Have responsibility for staffing, project planning, and project financial management, and reporting as well as and staff direction and oversight.
* Maintain and manage the relationship with USAID while collaborating closely with technical evaluation staff to ensure the quality of the research design, methodologies, tools, data collection processes, and data analysis methods.
* Work with USAID, the Mali Ministry of Education, and the implementing partner to plan the evaluation and logistics.
* Support the evaluation team members to ensure that all team members fulfill obligations, communications, and deliverables in a timely manner.
* Lead the interpretation of findings and both oral and written presentations of findings.
* MA or PhD in education, sociology, or a related discipline.
* Fluency in French and English.
* A minimum of seven years of experience conducting mixed evaluation research, especially adolescent girls’ education.
* Experience with education in crisis and conflict affected areas, preferably Mali and/or Sub-Saharan Africa.
* Experience managing complex international evaluations, with at least three to five years of experience leading evaluations.
* Proven ability in writing evaluation reports, delivering presentations tailored to different stakeholders, and the ability to use research findings to evaluate program implementation and operations.
* Strong research and data analysis and management skills.
* Strong team management and supervisory skills.
* Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, academia.
* Strong evaluation, organizational, and management skills, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with evaluation tools and methods.
* Prior experience in leading evaluation teams; excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host country government officials, and other stakeholders.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.