Youth Connections Coach
San Jose (Costa Rica)
The YouthWorks Connection Coach is responsible for YouthWorks service provision, including conducting assessments, creating ISEPs, case management, follow up services, and coordinating work experience, training provision, educational opportunities, and other partnerships for Out-of-School youth ages 18-24. The position will successfully place clients into secondary or post-secondary educational programs, training and certification programs, and employment positions, providing ongoing retention services and support to all stakeholders while maintaining relevant internal tracking systems. All activities will advance acquisition of skills that will support employment and transition to a promising career pathway for clients.The Coach will work closely with the YouthWorks program staff and other agency staff to ensure that clients achieve goals and objectives.
• Provide job counseling and case management support to YouthWorks participants, which may include intake, assessment, orientation, and pre-employment/job readiness classes to clients eligible for employment services;
• Research and attend relevant work experience development opportunities such as job fairs, community events, job site tours, etc;
• Determine specific, appropriate educational and employment opportunities and assist clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the scholarship, application, and/or hiring process;
• Monitor client experience, job performance, wage level, and partner satisfaction;
• Assist clients and employers with any post placement issues and continuing employment needs;
• Recruits, trains and places volunteers to support tutoring and job placement activities;
• Teaches foundational skills and high school equivalency exam instructions;
• Supervise YouthWorks program interns and mentors;
• Assesses, evaluates, and tracks students’ ISEP progress;
• Ensures timely and accurate compliance on all reporting requirements, including CalJobs database management;
• Creates, pairs, and implements internship and work experience placements for youth;
• Participates in team meetings and activities;
• Other duties as assigned.