SENIOR PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
Post Number : 5IQBFM0708RP
Grade : G-7
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Baghdad
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 23-NOV-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Iraq may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Iraq Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer or Procurement Officer, depending on the functions exercised, the incumbent oversees the development, ensures effective coordination and advises management on of procurement, logistics and other administrative processes in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, procurement procedure and ethics. In particular, s/he will:
1. General Accountabilities:
- Provide guidance and interpretation on administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Interpret provisions and provide guidance on complex and non-recurring issues.
- Provide guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the areas of responsibility.
- Draft and prepare memoranda, substantive reports and correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports, statistics or projections for managers' use.
- Follow up on audit recommendations, fraud cases and archives as required by the supervisor.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
2. Procurement Accountabilities:
- Receive and review individual procurement plans (goods, works or services) of sectors/units for adequacy, clarity and completeness for incorporation in the annual consolidated procurement plan.
- Conceptualize and rationalize the implementation of the procurement action with the requirements to achieve cost savings and quality of services.
- Research, retrieve and present information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
- Prepare tender and relevant documents based on nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepare financial analysis from the data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine the best supplier for the organization with due consideration to price, quality, delivery time, warranty and maintenance.
- Prepare and review contractual documents (TOR, budget, contract nature and type) and finalizes purchase orders and contracts.
- Prepare submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor performance.
- Ensure proper filing of all procurement-related documentation.
3. Logistics and Premises Management Accountabilities:
- Vehicle Management: Manage vehicle transportation, ensure the efficiency of fleet management, regular vehicle maintenance and ensure appropriate and up to date insurance coverage.
- Shipment: Make arrangements, assist and advice on shipping; liaise with customs and ensure follow up actions.
- Inventory Management: Monitor and maintain the office inventory.
- Office maintenance: Manage day to day premises' maintenance work (electric, plumbing and carpentry etc.).
Act as a focal point for safety and security of UNESCO personnel and ensure compliance with prevailing UN Common security policies, procedures and standards.
Completed secondary, technical or vocational school education.
Minimum of ten(10) years of relevant work experience in administration or programme support services in the field of Procurememnt and Logistics or a related area.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, follow up on issues promptly, and to work efficiently under pressure, flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel. PowerPoint, etc.).
Full proficiency in SAP- ERP System.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Arabic.
- Certification or training in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resources or any other related.
- Experience in the UN System, or at similar international organizations
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.