Functional Business Analyst
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, SSC and the direct supervision of the business process leads will participate in detailing and understanding business requirements and processes; detailed process flows, and develop implementation plans with the business units of FAO.
The functional business analyst will be required to work across multiple operational and technology groups internally, and working with FAOs corporate bank partners. The functional business analyst will document the business requirements, high and intermediate level processes and determine the optimal configuration for the identified solutions in the areas of EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), MWP (Mobile Wallet Payments), and ABR (Automated Bank Reconciliation) with FAOs ERP system and corporate bank partners.
- Manage the ERP test cycles in the area of Payables, Payments, and Payroll;
- Execute tests where necessary and keep the related test plans and test logs up to date with test results;
- Liaise with CIO and Business Units in resolving problems and correcting defects identified during the ERQ1 test cycle(s) and money test cycle(s);
- Keep the set of master test scenarios for all integrated payables, payments, and payroll related scenarios up to date for future use;
- Provide specialized functional expertise in the implementation of Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), Mobile Wallet Payments (MWP), and Automated Bank Reconciliation (ABR) processes throughout the Organization;
- Translate Bank specification documents into FAO Functional Specifications;
- Maintain effective contact with FAOs corporate bank partners (functional and technical teams) in the context of obtaining the necessary functional requirements to implement the required EFT, MWP, ABR solutions;
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in the context of the implementation of EFT, MWP, and ABR solutions;
- Work with the FAO Decentralized Office personnel, SSC Finance Team, and CSF Treasury to deploy the completed EFT, MWP, ABR solutions to the assigned decentralized country offices;
- Provide training and related documentation to the assigned Decentralized Offices and SSC Finance Team;
- Update the SSC KnowledgeBase with any country specific information that is required to make effective EFT/MWP payments in assigned countries.
- Support SSC in coordinating and ensuring the delivery of Finance, HR or Procurement related projects;
- Streamline existing business processes and implement new technology to improve efficiencies;
- Continuous collaboration with the SSC teams to improve GRMS functionality
- Perform testing in GRMS as needed and assist in the resolution of service desk tickets;
- Maintain close and effective relations with various HQ department to ensure that process improvements are appropriate and implemented in a timely basis;
- Monitor and escalate system process concerns identified by the SSC, HQ, and Country Offices. Serve as an escalation point for major escalated service delivery issues;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Five years of relevant experience in Finance, HR, Procurement and/or Project Management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in electronic payment solutions
- Extent and relevance of experience in project management
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle ERP is an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency