University of Ghana
(School of Law)
Request for Expression of Interest
Engagement of E-Learning Consultant
(Individual Consultant Selection)
The University of Ghana School of Law invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of E-Learning Consultant.
All Applications and Financial Proposal should be submitted to email: email@example.com no later than Midnight (GMT) 26 November 2020.
The email should have as its subject “E-Learning Consultant”
In partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), the University of Ghana School of Law is putting in place a virtual learning environment and e-learning management system to deliver a series of virtual training sessions and learning database. In connection with this task, the School of Law is recruiting an E-learning Consultant to choose and implement a virtual learning environment and e-learning management system for technology-enhanced learning. The E-learning Consultant will be in charge of uploading and managing the content of the learning environment.
The E-learning Consultant will provide support for the enhancement of learning and the student experience through the facilitation of innovation, creativity and knowledge transfer with regard to e-learning. The E-learning Consultant will also be responsible for liaising with other sections of the University, to gain an understanding of university-wide guidelines and relevant developments.
The E-learning Consultant will work closely with the School’s Dean, the Principal Investigator, Technical Lead of the Project, and the Faculty ICT lead.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
1. Advise the School in choosing and implementing a virtual learning environment, for running trainings and for technology-enhanced learning.
2. Advise on the utilization of existing university-wide e-learning management systems for the project, or on the interfacing of any alternative e-learning management system to existing university-wide e-learning management systems.
3. Gather information and course elements from project team, internal departments, SMEs (subject matter experts), research institutions, and others.
4. Develop and design learning material, coordinate, and review educational content, and incorporate current technology in developing specific eLearning curricula.
5. Lead efforts for the creation of digital content from the conversion of existing learning materials as advised by lecturers and trainers
6. Support the deployment of learning programs including uploading and updating courseware and curricula, training assignments, learner notification text and rules in e-learning management system.
7. Utilize knowledge of e-learning management system capabilities to recommend delivery strategies that yield a rich, meaningful, and dynamic end-user experience.
8. Utilize e-learning management system reporting capabilities and developing custom reports to assist with planning and managing the company’s training and development initiatives.
9. Manage eLearning content from vendors to ensure it is compatible with the e-learning management system.
10. Work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Designers, and programmers to support eLearning content requirements.
11. Run demos of the system and provide training to individuals and users groups.
12. Ensure that participants are registered for Education and Training events and performs reconciliation function with university-wide Learning Management system as needed
13. Coordinate and conduct the webinars using Zoom or similar programs and upload recordings into the e-learning management system.
14. Facilitate live and recorded learning, and upload content to the e-learning management system
15. Liaise with Library and other academic departments to ensure an integrated approach to the School’s e-learning practice.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training, education, and/or multimedia training materials development.
Experience & Knowledge
1. Experience of training or developing others; preferably students or academics
2. Have a thorough and contemporary understanding of e-learning
3. Have a thorough grasp of instructional design practice relating to academic environments and technology-based learning
4. Experience of working within the Higher Education sector desirable
5. Evidence of working on own initiative, with a proactive approach desirable
6. Evidence of effective project management and working to achieve results;
7. Evidence of innovative application of e-learning technologies preferred
8. Experience in managing the development and implementation of one or more large software projects within an educational environment desirable
1. Excellent computing and technology application skills
2. Substantial experience of using a VLE
3. Experience of administering a VLE
4. Excellent organisational and time management skills
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to persuade colleagues to use new technology.
6. Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels (managers, academics, administrative colleagues and technical colleagues).
1. Ability to develop good working relationships across the School and
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
4. Ability to quickly gain understanding of strategic aims and objectives of institution/School
5. Ability to quickly assimilate information on, and learn how to use, new technologies
6. Ability to interpret and apply complex information
7. Competent, conscientious and motivated with a methodical approach to work
8. Adaptable and flexible in tasks undertaken, with the ability to learn new skills quickly
9. Problem solving ability
10. Customer focused, with proven ability in improving customer service
11. Proven ability to work effectively in teams
An application package containing the following (to be uploaded as one file):
1. Cover letter with brief description (no longer than 1 page) of why the candidate considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment; and
2. Personal CV, indicating all experience from similar projects and specifying the relevant assignment period (from/to), as well as the email and telephone contacts of at least three (3) professional references.
3. Confirm availability and flexibility to take on short-term assignments on an as-needed basis.
1. Candidates are invited to submit as part of their application, a financial proposal specifying an all-inclusive daily fee (based on a 7-hour working day - lunch time is not included - and estimated 21 days per month).
2. The financial proposal must be all-inclusive and take into account various expenses that will be incurred during the contract.