Officer, Renewable Energy, Philippines
Officer, Renewable Energy, Philippines
The Officer, Renewable Energy is responsible of the assessment, origination, and delivery of renewable energy policy and/or investment projects in Philippines. The Officer will drive the business development of the GGGI Country Program in the Philippines, in a way of contributing to accelerating renewable energy transition.
The purpose of this role is to enable the scaling up of renewable energy investments in Philippines by identifying opportunities, assessing potentials, and developing investable projects. This role requires strategic partnership both national and sub-national government agencies in the Philippines. The Officer reports directly to the Country Representative, GGGI Philippines, while interacting with various experts across the organization. The Officer will:
- Explore, build and maintain relationships with diverse national stakeholders in renewable energy space, particularly strategic government bodies (both National Government Agency and Local Government Unit levels), donor institutions, financial institutions and private sector entities.
- Develop a rapport with investment communities in renewable energy development.
- Advise and assist the Country Representative to strategically engage in renewable energy agenda of the country, in order to strategically place GGGI on the donor map.
- Advise Country Representative on program activity development and implementation with evidence, data-driven substantive analyses, and established local network.
- Maintain active professional relations with partner governments and other key stakeholders to capture and integrate their changing needs and manage client expectations.
- Collaborate with other country teams, units and divisions of GGGI to ensure quality delivery of the project outputs, if necessary.
- Promote renewable energy and the GGGI methodology with the donor community and other stakeholders.
- Identify potential renewable energy projects (e.g. solar PV / waste-to-energy related project) and create a project pipeline.
- Lead a development of concept notes and project proposals, and manage a delivery of such projects in close coordination with GGGI colleagues and project partners and stakeholders.
- Develop execution modality and documents for any proposal. Capture lessons learned to support refinement/improvement of the execution modality.
- Lead a feasibility study (which includes technical analysis, business model development, financial analysis, etc.) of identified renewable energy project.
- Identify project delivery issues and ensure effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established timeframes.
- Ensure Safeguards, Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion are integrated in all deliveries and outputs related to renewable energy projects.
- Support the Country Representative to mobilize earmarked resources to the country program in the Philippines.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience of renewable energy project (notably solar PV) development in the Philippines. International experience is an advantage.
- Experience in national institutions or private sector related to renewable energy will be a plus.
- Proven network base in the public and private sectors in the Philippines, in the context of renewable energy.
- Excellent appreciation of capacity challenges across a broad set of relevant stakeholders (e.g. local and national governments, civil society, private sector) in the Philippines.
- Project structuring experience with financial analysis capacity of renewable energy projects will be a plus.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in producing high-quality documentation and designing presentation material is a must.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English and Tagalog.
- Available work permit in the country, if the applicant is not Filipino.
- Summarizes information succinctly and clearly to identify key points and actions.
- Origination: Investigates and prepares the business case for new potential opportunities, including discussing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Partnerships: works to create partnerships with appropriate entities to structure deals and carry out market research.
- Dedicated team player, with result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties under time and political constraints, and on time.
- Ability to work independently while proactively seeking concurrence and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, facilitation and networking skills.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Has strong client orientation.
- Process and share information easily and excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.