Lab Technician (m/w/d) - National position
Lab Technician (m/w/d) - National positionMalteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. Malteser International strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Buthidaung Township, Rakhine State, Myanmar Malteser International is looking for a motivated
Lab Technician (m/w/d) - Maungdaw Programme - National position.
As Lab Technician, you will be responsible to manage Laboratory where sputum examination will be carried out day to day, collect blood samples and transactions of the programs/projects to ensure effective program implementation within MI Health policies and procedures and donor requirements. Also you will assist the Health Manager in providing efficient management for improved ministry quality and achievement of overall organizational objective.
- Provide thorough sputum examination procedures and produce report on monthly basis
- Collect blood samples from TB patients with universal precaution after pre-test counselling to clients (provider initiated)
- Post-test counselling to clients after getting the result
- Ensure proper registration and record-keeping and patients and laboratory results
- Ensure that the laboratory premises, stock supplies and equipment are well-maintained
- Report in a timely manner laboratory results to concerned authorised hospital staff
- B.Med.Tech or Diploma in Paramedical Sciences
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in TB program, hospital, clinic or community based
- Proven Computer skills e.g Microsoft office package, internet and E-mail
- Previous working experience in a rural setting, and ease in dealing with rural communities
- Understanding of challenges faced by rural communities in relation to poor health and lack of knowledge
- Able to live and work with minimum available basic facilities in the field
- Start date: January 2021
- Duty Station: Buthidaung Township, Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: 1 year (extendable) based on donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary, Location Specific Allowance & Health Insurance
- Only short listed candidates will be notified for a personal interview
- Please note that this is a national position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until 26th November 2020.
Malteser International conducts background and reference checks. Ethics form part of the Annual Performance Appraisal.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
Program Office: Ward - 4 Ywa Thit Quarter
Maungdaw Township, Rakhine State