Kyegegwa Town Council
The Protection Officer in line with prevention and response approaches will be responsible for the day to day direct delivery of Protection and Rule of Law activities. They will work closely with Legal Officers, WPE staff, identifying areas for collaboration and sharing of resources in achieving the objectives of the sector. On a rotational basis, they will assume the leadership role of building their supervision and management skills, deputizing for the Protection Manager as appropriate, undertaking tasks appropriately delegated following consultation with the Field Coordinator.
Duties And responsibilities
- Lead and conduct protection monitoring exercises, organising FDGs, KIIs and providing data from ISCs for analysis.
- Ensure Information and Support Centers are fully functional – with all the resources and staffing required to provide a safe and effective service to community members
- Ensure service mapping is up to date, referral pathways established and follow up of cases, concerns and issues are conducted by Assistants and volunteers
- Provide case management support for extremely vulnerable individuals (EVIs), ensuring tools provided are used and process and procedures complied with by Assistants and Volunteers
- Oversee PSN needs assessment exercises and ensure SOP and other related procedures are followed in the provision of targeted assistance support and home visits
- Have in place a clear system for the collection and storing of data on all activities
- Ensure CommCare is used efficiently
- Work closely with the Legal Officers to ensure linkages and referrals are done in a safe, effective and timely manner
- Work closely with colleagues in health and WPE teams, OPM and UNHCR to provide a comprehensive support to the affected population
- Provide weekly reports, data and work plans covering area of operation in a timely manner for review by the Programme Manager
- Ensure at zonal level that a system is in place for the collection and storing of data in line with principles of confidentiality.
- Participate in Zonal Coordination meetings involving UNHCR, OPM and all other partners
- Organise training and mentoring sessions for community leadership structures; Refugee welfare committees, Neighborhood watch committees, Women executives and Youth executives established at village and Zone level to effectively carry out their functions.
- Lead the development and implementation of peaceful co-existence activities, working with both the refugee and host population.
- Ensure the proper functioning of youth recreational centers and implementation of activities with youth that result in protection outcomes
- Map capacity and resources of refugee communities , supporting them in implementing community based protection activities\projects
- Develop strategies for communicating with communities, working with BBTT teams and Community based volunteers in developing messages and planning information sessions.
- Liaise with partners to receive and follow up on messaging needs and ensure quality and relevance of messaging
- Complete Purchase requestsas part of procurement process
- Conductweekly meetings with volunteers
- Deputise as appropriate for the Programme Manager when required
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Protection Manager
Position directly supervises:Community Based Volunteers
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Protection Coordinator, Senior Protection Manager, Legal Officers, Health, WPE andcolleagues, Field Coordinator
External:UNHCR, OPM, and other Protection Actors and Protection consortium members.