Project Manager, Global ERP Program
New York City (United States of America)
The Project Manager, Global ERP Program will be part of the project management team (which includes other project managers) responsible for supporting the currently ongoing delivery of a multi-year global implementation and organizational integration of IRC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations.The scope of the program, which has been branded “Integra”, includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Grants/Awards Management.
In this role, the Project Manager will provide the Project Management support required for the ERP system functional and technical design and implementation. This position will be required to use Agile Project Management best practices to successfully execute program workstreams. This includes supporting proper product backlog management, sprint planning, task management, etc.
They will help coordinate the planning and execution of integrated solution design, configuration, development and testing tasks. This includes the technology architecture, related business processes, communications and training required for the design and roll out to be successful. This requires strong management of both internal IRC staff and external implementation partners.
In close partnership with Finance, Supply Chain, Awards Management Unit (AMU) Business Owners and field leadership, this position is responsible for supporting project management activities required for the implementation of standardized global business processes across the organization.They will be a key driver for supporting change across the global organization and will be accountable for supporting enterprise change management, communications and training.
The individual will work in collaboration with other project managers, Information Technology and Business Leadership to manage technical, functional and change work streams as well as establish and maintain an integrated approach that ensures all functional areas work seamlessly together.
This role reports to the Senior Director Project and Portfolio Management, with day-to-day partnership with both the ERP Senior Program Director and Deputy Director. They will coordinate with other workstream project managers as well as technical and functional Core Team members.
This position will develop and manage existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The project is utilizing Agile Project management practices, experience in this area is preferred. In addition, the project manager will work proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
• Supports the maintenance of integrated Project Plan and Product Backlog: Develops, and continually updates, detailed program management plans and product backlog. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures the ERP implementation methodology is adhered to.
• Manages Workstream Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
• Supervises Project Cost Estimation, Ongoing Budget Tracking and Vendor Invoicing: Provides oversight of budget tracking and invoicing. Assists in developing costs estimates and analyzing data.
• Performs Project Resource Management for Assigned Workstreams: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments.Checks for staff availabilities.Updates the project plan with work assignments.
• Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
• Supports Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
• Supports the Management of Project Business Analysis Tasks: Works with project team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage business and technical analysis work done as part of the project, e.g., definition and management of technical and functional requirements, current and future state business process definition, testing, etc.
• Provides Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
• Conducts Other Tasks as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
• Maintains a productive working relationship with other project managers, business owners, project sponsors, system users, and vendors.
• Interacts with project owners, senior technical personnel, and other functional or support organizations.
Position Reports to:Senior Director of Project and Portfolio Management
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting:Senior Director, Global ERP Program
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• Headquarters & Global Offices Teams – multiple departments
• Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
• Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
• Vendors and Consultants