International consultant Procurement & Contracting Specialist
Recruitment Consultant Procurement & Contracting Specialist
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
How can you make a difference?
• Support UNICEF Supply team for the procurement process for the establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTA) for critical emergency commodities and services:
- Preparation of the bidding documents
- Supervision of the bidding process, contribution to the offer evaluation and establishment of the recommendation
- Contracting / Establishment of LTAs
- Non-food items (blankets, tarpaulins, …)
- Education furniture and supplies
- Logistics services (clearing, transport, car rental)
- Engineering services (construction studies and work supervision)
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree from a recognised academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law, or areas directly related to UNICEF Supply function. First University degree combined with demonstrated professional work experience in public procurement & contracting and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of advanced university degree, preferably combined with credited courses or certifications from relevant professional bodies.
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in procurement & contracting.
- Fluency in French is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.