Request for Consultant Services : Care Support Treatment Consultant for EpiC Thailand Project
Detailed Description of Tasks to be Performed:
The USAID Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project, implemented by FHI 360 in Thailand, is designed to break through remaining, persistent barriers to the 95-95-95 goals and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs. In response to USAID Mission and country needs, EpiC will deliver efficient, affordable, results-based technical assistance and direct service delivery tailored to context and epidemiology that is effective in surging, scaling, and sustaining HIV services and systems for long-term epidemic control among key populations. Care, support, and treatment (CST) services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) are a critical component of the EpiC project in order to close remaining treatment gaps in Thailand, to scale up access to and uptake of HIV viral load (VL) testing, and to ensure high levels of VL suppression. EpiC will support CST services under a differentiated service delivery (DSD) model including direct service delivery through community-based, KP-led organizations and technical support to improve clinical service quality across a network of public- and private-sector healthcare facilities. These activities will be conducted by FHI 360 in collaboration with our implementing partner the Institute for HIV Research and Innovations (IHRI) and other stakeholders, notably the Thai-US Collaboration comprising the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Thai Ministry of Public Health.
FHI 360 seeks consultant services to support the planning, coordination, and implementation of CST activities through our community and healthcare facility partners in collaboration with our existing CST officers. Particular areas of support will include:
- assisting with expansion of PrEP availability and sustainability in the key EpiC provinces,
- technical support to healthcare facilities and strengthening of referral pathways between healthcare facilities and community-based implementing partners; and
- coordination of key strategic approaches and technical assistance planning between FHI 360, IHRI and TUC.
Specific tasks the consultant will perform include:
Lead coordination of technical assistance to healthcare facilities with IHRI and TUC and co-conduct technical assistance (TA) activities with both partners and FHI 360 CST staff.
Analyze quarterly facility data from 7 hospitals and work with CST staff to present results, plan and provide coaching and technical assistance to close gaps in cascade performance.
Onsite discussion with NHSO and provincial hospitals under CST staff coordination to expand PrEP availability.
Facilitate expansion of SDART in Chiang Rai, Ubonratchathani, Phitsanulok, Chonburi and Songkla provinces.
Work with implementing partners to develop clinical referral systems for ART and VL at 7 hospitals receiving TA under EpiC Thailand project.
Coordinate with TUC on clinic referral and data sharing system for hospitals not a part of EpiC project.
Provide technical support to EpiC Thailand CST staff and community partners on clinical knowledge such as PrEP, ART, HCV, OI, and drug use.
· Quarterly report on coordination meeting with IHRI and TUC.
· Monthly update on TA activities for community and healthcare facility partners.
· Quarterly data analysis report and presentation.
· Meeting report from discussion with IHRI, NHSO and provincial stakeholders on discussion re) PrEP prescription.
· Meeting report with IHRI, NHSO and provincial stakeholders on discussion re) provision of SDART for PLHIV clients
· Documentation of algorithm for ART/VL referral system between community sites and the seven key hospitals under EpiC support.
· Documentation of referral/data sharing with non-EpiC hospitals in collaboration with TUC.
· Support finalization of CST quarterly report.
· Medical degree.
· Hold valid medical doctor license from Thai Medical Council.
· Knowledge and experience in working with KPs in HIV/AIDS programs.
· Experience in HIV/AIDS and PLHIV management, prevention, care, and treatment.
· Experience in working with KP-led organizations.
· Fluent in spoken Thai and English.
· Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted to work legally in Thailand.
To submit current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 27 November 2020.