Meeting Support Consultant
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Governing Bodies Servicing (CSG) provides the Secretariat of the Conference and the Council, and supports all Governing and Statutory Bodies of FAO. It houses the Multilingualism expertise of the Organization, delivering corporate language goods and services. CSG also provides Protocol and Meetings services to the Organization.
The Consultant/PSA will report to the Deputy Director, CSG and will work under the day-to-day guidance of the Chief of the Language Services branch or Chief of the Meeting Services branch.
Support to Language and Meeting Services functions, planning, preparation and monitoring of virtual high-level events and Governing Bodies.
Tasks and responsibilities
Coordination of virtual meetings and interpretation monitoring
- Contribute to the smooth processing of bookings for virtual meetings.
- Review and respond to requests from internal and external parties for guidance and clarification on the organization of virtual high level events/meetings
- Brief meeting organizers in HQs and in the Field on the new procedures in place for virtual events and multilingual interpretation and on technicalities of the Zoom platform, sharing CSG experience in support of virtual high-level events and Governing Bodies meetings.
- Coordinate with Audio-visual Services and Interpretation Group to ensure appropriate provision of conference facilities in a virtual environment.
- Ensure briefing/debriefing of Conference Staff supporting virtual meetings and high-level events
- Follow up on the developments of meeting sessions and rearrange the support as required, working in close collaboration during the entire session and monitoring interpretation.
- Ensure adequate information sharing with FAO supporting services and alert of possible areas of problems.
- Troubleshoot technical and interpretation issues arising before and during sessions.
- Develop communication material for web posting and distribution to meeting organizers and participants, regarding the organization, conduct and interpretation of virtual meetings.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree (for PSAs) in Languages, Interpretation/Translation, International Relations, or a field related to the work of the Division
- Extensive and relevant experience (minimum one year) in international relations, providing support to national or international bodies, national or international secretariats.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for consultants). Working knowledge (Level C) of English, French or Spanish (for PSAs).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting high level events in a large organization
- In-depth knowledge of virtual meetings platform (Zoom)
- Extent of language skills
- Experience as a conference interpreter and coordinator of interpretation services is preferred
- Service orientation is a strong requirement
- Extent and relevance of experience in the UN Common System is considered a strong asset
- Understanding of the functioning of UN agencies and the UN system is considered a strong asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency