Director of Finance
We're a non-profit on a mission to bridge the world's digital inequality divide by giving anyone, anywhere, a chance to join and thrive in the digital economy. We offer transformative learning experiences to talented youth in conflict-affect areas in web development, UI/UX design, graphic design, and more. We currently work in Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, and Yemen and have been recognized in publications including CNN, BBC, Le Monde and Reuters as one of the most innovative education and employment models for refugees and under-served youth in the Middle East.
About the Role
With Re:Coded growing fast, we are looking for a Director of Finance to drive our financial strategy and oversee all financial aspects of the organization. This is a key leadership role with a responsibility to lead the growth of our Finance Team. You will have a direct hand in supporting our organization’s next phase of expansion, creating a strong financial backbone for Re:Coded. The ideal candidate is an experienced and passionate leader who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and loves crunching numbers for work and fun! This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Drive the financial planning of the organization and retain constant awareness of Re:Coded’s financial position, acting to prevent problems when necessary;
Develop and monitor annual budgets, including the strategic forecast for the organization; support presentations to the Board of Directors;
Direct the preparation of, and approve all donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements;
Closely monitor all financial activities, and keep the Chief Operating Officer and other senior management staff advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance;
Oversee all activities for external, internal, donor or government audits, including preparation of financial statements and tax filings. Implement audit recommendations quarterly;
Maintain general ledger accounts, which accurately reflect the financial activity of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
Develop, implement, monitor, and adhere to finance policies and internal control procedures; recommend improvements to strengthen controls as needed;
Ensure the development and implementation of a plan to minimize foreign exchange exposure to currency gains and losses;
Oversee the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations;
Lead the growth of the Finance Team, from recruitment to employee onboarding and training;
Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance employees;
Build the financial capacity of non-finance employees and external partners through training and coaching;
Ensure compliance with all applicable financial and tax laws, rules, and regulations.
- Bring a track record of at least 8 years of Finance and Accounting responsibility at a leadership level, ideally at a growth-stage nonprofit or startup with a global reach. You have the superpower of rallying teams to anticipate challenges and problem-solve quickly and resolutely;
- Have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting/budgeting, preferably in a nonprofit environment. You have the magic ability to quickly learn about unfamiliar laws and practices when needed;
- Have considerable knowledge of computer software programs and applications for financial management, particularly Quickbooks or similar tool;
- Build trust by listening. You can coach and advise leaders, managers and your team through difficult situations. You are skilled at influencing without authority and can bring a different, positive perspective to each situation;
- Have worked across cultures (in a multi-office, global and/or remote setting);
- Are a systems thinker and first-principles problem-solver: when necessary, you can build or right-size systems;
- Are an outstanding communicator and have meticulous attention to detail;
- Have a bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting or a related field; a master's degree and a CPA are strong assets.
How to Apply
Do you want to join our team as our new Director of Finance? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Deadline: The deadline to apply is November 22nd, 2020. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We live by our values Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, and Care Deeply.
Link to Apply: https://recoded.homerun.co/director-of-finance/en/apply?&step=1