Data & Monitoring Technology Specialist
IRC’s Measurement Unit is investing significantly to improve the use of technology in M&E within its programs in international Crisis Response, Recovery and Development (CRRD). This will include development and deployment of new data collection, management and visualization tools, the transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improvements and standardization of data management tools (collectively described as “toolkits”). Working with the Director of Data & Monitoring, the Data & Monitoring Technology Lead, IT Specialists and other members of the Measurement Team, the Data & Monitoring Technology Specialist will apply their experience of M&E in the humanitarian and development field, combined with their knowledge of technology, to work as part of a team dedicated to creating high quality products that meet country measurement needs, along with the vital support systems and materials to drive their successful uptake.
1. Coordinate the development of the data toolkit workplan and document the timeline, costs and scope for each toolkit.
• Plan and schedule project meetings to ensure participation from key staff in Measurement IT, Technical Excellence and program teams.
• Maintain the approved central requirements, communicate them to internal partners and ensure that developed products deliver against those requirements.
• Drive successful uptake of tools by creating an effective handover plan to the technical unit and regional support.
2. Support M&E toolkit requirements gathering
• Collaborate with the TUs and global staff to undertake current state and future needs analysis to elicit requirements.
• Document requirements and coordinate development of resource documents.
3. Collaborate with IT on tool configuration (specific tools include Commcare and Power BI)
• Liaise with IT to identify resource needs, develop a joint workplan and provide ongoing communication.
• Collaborate closely with IT and other key partners to ensure configurations meet requirements and adhere to IRC standards.
• Design and build selected tools, or provide quality assurance, according to requirements and project roles agreed for the specific toolkit.
• Coordinate user feedback to developers and the TU, and support or implement approved changes.
4. Change management and training
• Collaborate with the technical units and MU learning and training advisor to develop user-friendly training and participate in training delivery for system users.
• Regularly connect with internal partners to socialize and improve toolkits.
5. Other measurement unit responsibilities as mutually agreed