SPARK English Language Program Intern
Boise (United States of America)
Scope of work:
The Spark Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) program provides services to refugees with the highest barriers to resettlement in the United States. Many have experienced interrupted education or a lack of access to education. The Spark VESL class provides participants with critical literacy, numeracy, and English language skills that are necessary for success in the US job market. Not only does the program provide direct VESL instruction, Spark also supports participants by addressing barriers to education such as assistance with transportation or childcare, attaining educational supplies, and supporting wrap-around case management services as needed.
Note: Due to the uncertain nature of COVID-19, the internship responsibilities may vary depending on the extent to which remote work is necessary.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Tutoring clients in digital literacy skills
- Tutoring clients in the alphabet, numbers, and basic conversational English
- Case-noting interactions with clients and tracking participation in related programming
- Supporting IRC’s digital access initiatives, such as setting up Wi-Fi for clients, distributing donated electronic devices, etc.
- Supporting the administration of grant funded projects
- Collecting and maintain data for grant reporting purposes