IT Support Analyst (Office 365)
Vacancy no.: CALL/P/2020/22
Publication date: 13 November 2020
Application deadline (midnight Geneva time): 7 December 2020
Job ID: 5004
Organization Unit: INFOTEC
Contract type: Fixed Term
The ILO is issuing (rerun) a call for expression of interest for the above position. This is an assignment of a purely temporary nature, not expected to lead to a career in the ILO. Duration is 12 months.
The selection process is not subject to the rules and procedures defined in Annex I of the ILO Staff Regulations.
The following are eligible to apply:
- Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations. The Office will facilitate the temporary re-assignment of a selected internal candidate to this position.
- External candidates. A selected external candidate will be issued with a 4.2 (e) contract.
Staff members with at least five years of continuous service with the Office are encouraged to apply.
Applications from officials who have reached their age of retirement as defined in Article 11.3 of the Staff Regulations on or before 31 December 2017, or who have already separated from ILO service upon retirement or early retirement, will not be considered.
The ILO values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ILO welcomes applicants with experience in working within ILO constituents (governments, employers’ and business membership organizations, and workers’ organizations).
Applications from qualified candidates from non- or under-represented member States, or from those member States which staffing forecasts indicate will become non- or under-represented in the near future, would be particularly welcome. A list of these countries can be found here: https://jobs.ilo.org/content/Non--and-under-represented-member-States/
The temporary position is located in the Technology Management Services (TMS) Branch within the Information and Technology Management Department (INFOTEC). INFOTEC provides modern, secure, and reliable IT infrastructure, technologies, applications and services to enable the ILO to effectively use technology to perform its mission.
TMS conceptualizes, delivers, and supports the technology required by clients to work effectively. TMS focuses on reducing risk, enabling mobile and productive staff, and identifying efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of clients.
The temporary position will provide support for the end user computing environment at ILO headquarters, with a particular focus on the provision of Office 365, End Point Manager and Active Directory expertise.
The temporaryposition will report to the TMS Head of User Support Services.
1. Using tools such as Endpoint manager, configure and support the deployment of the desktop operating system and applications to ILO user end points (laptops, desktops, smartphone, tablets).
2. Evaluate the evolution of the Office 365 application offerings with a view to identifying which ones are relevant for the Office. Provide, manage, monitor, and decommission Office 365 related services following established change and release management processes.
3. Fulfil the role of the Technology Management Service “Office 365” expert. Coordinate with fellow IT team members in troubleshooting issues experienced with Office 365 services providing assistance in a timely and professional manner. Provide second level support for resolving Office 365 incident and service requests
4. Create and maintain Office 365 related group policies, standard operating procedures and technical documentation for project and services associated with end point.
5. Provide expertise and assistance with migration projects including SharePoint 2016 to SharePoint online, network drive to OneDrive and Skype for Business to Teams
6. Develop user guides and training materials for educating end-users on Office 365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote, Outlook and other relevant online applications), analyse the new features to see which ones are relevant for users.
7. Write Powershell scripts to perform functions such as Office 365 administration and reporting. Execute automated test runs.
8. Prepare and conduct presentations about desktop hardware and software. Provide high level advice and demonstrate relevant technologies to users, organise the development of user guides and training materials
9. Following the guidance of the supervisor, define technical Terms of Reference, and qualitative and quantitative evaluation criteria for relevant request for proposals and procurement processes.
10. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
First level university degree in computer science, electronics or other related field.
At least five years of professional experience in the IT field. Two years’ experience administration, support and configuration of MS Office 365 for users is desirable, managing users, groups, group policies and access rights with the Active Directory, and working with System Centre Configuration Manager tool to distribute software packages, and create reports. At least three years of experience programming with PowerShell. At least one year experience using Microsoft Desktop Analytics and In Tune.
Excellent command of English and a working knowledge of another official language (French or Spanish) of the Organization.
In addition to the ILO core competencies, this position requires:
• Basic knowledge of the following as applicable:
- overall computer concepts,
- personal computer hardware and software,
- the Internet,
- e-mail systems,
- PC/server/network operating systems,
- programming languages.
• Up-to-date knowledge of technological advancements, technical specifications and operating procedures in the area of work.
• Knowledge of the organization's computing environment.
• Ability to clarify users' requests and to respond to and resolve technical problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to provide user support.
• Ability to produce documentation and reports.
• Significant experience with Cloud applications such as Office 365
• Certification in MCSA/MCSE, Office 365 is desirable.
• Experience administering Office 365, and Azure Active Directory environment
• A practical understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
• Strong knowledge and experience with multiple system environments consistent with the position accountabilities
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Office 365 email support, OneDrive, and common 3rd party applications in an enterprise environment
• Ability to configure, troubleshoot and refresh Windows 10 in a Microsoft network environment on both desktop and laptop computers, network printers and online Office 365 applications.
- Fast learner who can demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and end users.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team of information technology professionals.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with external suppliers.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO Jobs. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Evaluation (which may include one or several written tests and a pre-interview competency-based assessment centre) and the interviews will tentatively take place during the 2 to 4 weeks following the application deadline. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be short listed for further consideration.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, technical tests or interviews.
In the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic and in view of border and travel restrictions as well as ILO teleworking arrangements, the start date of contracts or transfers to temporary positions will have to be reconfirmed in the context of the evolution of the pandemic.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.