- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Cambodia
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s Vaccines Delivery Program works in 13 countries across Africa and Asia to increase the coverage of routine and new vaccines in a sustainable manner. In Southeast Asia and Pacific, the CHAI Vaccines Program is working with the governments of Vietnam, Indonesia, Lao PDR, PNG and Cambodia at both national and subnational level since 2017. In Cambodia, CHAI works closely with national immunization programs to ensure strategic planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure sustainable programs.
CHAI, in partnership with Gavi, began supporting the National Immunization Program (NIP) of Cambodia through technical assistance to support in building more robust programming and systems. We are pursuing three key objectives regarding (i) programme planning, budgeting and financing at national and subnational level; (ii) enhancing data collection and reporting to guide decision making; and (iii) support to NIP and partners in the development of a full portfolio plan for Gavi’s 2022-2026 support.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager (SPM), the Associate will support efforts to deliver the ambitious objectives of the vaccine program. They will provide both strategic and technical support to the Ministry of Health and National Immunization Program (NIP)in strengthening planning and budgeting at sub-national level which includes but is not limited to: data analysis, synthesis of research/information in memos and presentations, development of templates and SOPs, facilitating discussions and compilation of lessons learned and best practices.
The candidate should be experienced working on budget development and planning, as well as working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and functioning independently with minimal guidance.
The Associate will work closely with all members of the Cambodia Vaccines program as well as CHAI’s Global Vaccines Delivery team. The position is based in Phnom Penh with regular travel to the program provinces is expected.
- Support NIP and key stakeholders to improve planning and budgeting at sub-national level:
- Analyse budgeting templates at facility, provincial and national level for alignment and find existing gaps
- Analyse budgeting process flow for optimized development timeframes and identify bottlenecks
- Explore development of new (or streamlining of existing) budgeting processes to build an accurate and efficient system
- Support NIP, key stakeholders and partners to improve planning and budgeting at sub-national level:
- Analyse current portfolio of grants, available/mobilized resources and planned activities and identify gaps against strategic priorities and operational needs
- Assist the NIP and partners to develop long term scope of work and activity plans for the overall GAVI support during the 2022-2026 period
- Facilitate stakeholder discussions regarding planning for accelerated transition and increasing co-financing commitments
- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and analysis for continuous program adaptation and improvement while ensuring the documentation of activities and outcomes
- Provide strategic and operational support to the SPM to ensure smooth and successful project development and implementation
- Ensure effective communication with key local partners and CHAI teams
- Perform other tasks assigned by the SPM as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of work experience in a health-related discipline, business, finance, or international development
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to create compelling, logical presentations, using PowerPoint and other tools, and a structured and assured oral and written communication style
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving with proven ability to develop and apply quantitative models using Excel and other tools to address specific challenges and improve working practices
- Experience managing complex budgets and financial reports
- Experience building relationships in multi-stakeholder environments
- Excellent attitude to the work and self-motivated persona
- Experience working in unpredictable environment, willingness to adapt
- Fluently in English (oral and written)
- Experience in healthcare and knowledge of the Cambodia MOH, NIP, and provincial and district health offices is an advantage
- Candidates with experience in strategic/business consulting, finance, investment banking, project/grant management, or operations planning are encouraged to apply
- Ability to speak, read, and write Khmer