Associate, New Initiatives, TB
Associate, New Initiatives, TB
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world, accounting for more than 27% of the global TB incidence. Of the 2.8 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnosis and care in the private sector, where there are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients.
India has outlined an ambitious agenda of eliminating tuberculosis by the year 2025. As outlined in the National Strategic Plan (2017-25), the cornerstone for India’s TB elimination plans hinges on scaling up of public private mix (PPM) initiatives, rolling out incentives through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) and scaling up ICT based solutions.
CHAI is looking for an Associate who can shoulder the responsibilities of working closely with senior leadership on project strategy, identifying new initiatives for improving operational processes for the current private sector engagement and contributing to the program's deliverables. CHAI seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding problem-solving ability, analytical skills and communication skills. The Associate must be able to function independently as well as in team settings, be comfortable working and coordinating the operations of cross-functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence.We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities and develop comprehensive operational plans for piloting new initiatives
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships key government officials and development partners in program states
- Engage with partners and relevant government stakeholders to explore regulatory pathways to expedite new product/process introduction and scale up
- Conduct field assessments and analysis for establishing baseline of program indicators and continued monitoring of progress
- Streamline processes and develop robust monitoring and evaluation framework to measure the effectiveness of new initiatives
- Closely collaborate with field force deployed to facilitate operations in states
- Ensure timely completion of project deliverables and proactive communication to all relevant stakeholders
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 4-6 years of experience in a demanding and results driven environment such as management consulting
- MBA/MPA/MPP or a Master’s degree in Economics or related fields preferred
- Exceptional strategic development and operational planning skills, ability to identify and pursue high-impact strategies in complex, uncertain and evolving environments
- Ability to lead small project teams on diverse set of projects
- Exceptional analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) to a variety of audiences
- Ability to be effective in fast-paced, high-pressure environments, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including technical information, and to prepare compelling presentations and reports
- Preference would be given to candidates with strong experience in management and/or healthcare consulting or development sector consulting. Government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive