Analyst, Insights and Diagnostics
Analyst, Insights and Diagnostics
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI/WJCF works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
The world has not experienced a pandemic at the scale or pace of the current COVID-19 pandemic; the virus has ferociously attacked high- and low-income countries alike, but in so doing has exposed inequities in access to quality care within and across countries. Despite a proactive mitigation and stringent suppression strategy, the number of COVID cases in India continues to rise. While the indirect impacts of the COVID-19 on availability and utilization of routine health services cannot yet be known, lessons from previous crises suggest that service disruption and displacement will have grave impact on population health. In order to address these challenges, a robust response based on strengthened health workforce, resilient supply chains and rapid increase in diagnostic capacity is being spearheaded by the Ministry of Health and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF) COVID-19 program, supports the ICMR, MoHFW and other key stakeholders in testing policy, strengthened data and delivery systems, and development of guidelines. The programme has been supporting ICMR in the development of the strategic plan for scaling up testing, providing data-driven insights to support supply chain management including forecasting and inventory management, and helping build guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for downstream distribution of commodities. Separately, the programme also supports selected states on localized strategies for testing scale up and equitable access, stronger engagement with the private sector, improved treatment readiness, robust awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, and analytics based programme management.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with demonstrable analytical abilities for the role of Analyst- Insights, Diagnostics for our COVID-19 Programme. The Analyst will design, build and configure applications to manage and visualize program data, and generate robust actionable insights. The Analyst will be responsible for synthesizing data from multiple datasets and creating frameworks for analyzing testing strategy, lab capacity and operations optimization, and procurement and distribution of testing commodities.
A strong profile will include outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. The Analyst must be able to function independently and flexibly with a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Design, develop and maintain data management tools, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance.
- Consolidate program performance data/information into formats that can be directly used for decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and confidentiality of all reports, views, dashboards, and user data. Implement new program reports within the established reporting framework, policies and procedures. Train and support end users on accessing and navigating reports.
- Work with ICMR IT department in the development of data warehouses and other data sources to support managerial and programmatic intelligence reporting needs.
- Work with program manager to assess various reporting needs. Analyze reporting needs and requirements, assesses current reporting in the context of strategic goals and devise plans for delivering the most appropriate reporting solutions to users.
- Design and code database tables to store the application's data. Model data to visualize database structure. Work with application developers to create optimized queries. Create database triggers for automation, e.g., automatic email notifications. Create table indexes to improve database performance. Program views, stored procedures, and functions.
- Generate ad-hoc BI solutions, pertaining to technical, strategic and operational aspects of the programme, such as reports, cubes, and dashboards, using industry best practices for presentation, efficiency, and user friendliness, as required by the program manager from COVID testing data.
- Designs reports to aid in the efficient assimilation of the data by users by engaging exception reporting.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health or allied areas, plus 2-4 years’ work experience
- In-depth exposure of ETL, Statistical analytics, Correlation, Data Mining, descriptive and predictive analytics for programme decisions. Hands-on experience on SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, Tableau, Power BI and Metabase are required
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Exceptional stakeholder management capabilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical manufacturing information