United States (United States of America)
- United States
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Information Technology
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
As a member of the Global Information Technology Team, the Helpdesk Engineer will be responsible for providing support to CHAI employees based throughout the world with technical problems and information technology issues. This position requires a self-starter who is knowledgeable, meticulous, and resourceful to be successful and effective in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment. This individual must be excited by the challenge of providing remote support to staff based in over 30 countries, and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in both a small local team environment and with a globally dispersed team.
This role is based at CHAI's office in Boston and reports to the IT Team Lead.
- As part of the helpdesk team, provide support to over 1,600 staff located throughout the world.
- Provide hardware and software support and training as needed for staff.
- Respond to requests using global help desk system.
- Support staff in person at our local office or coordinate and provide support via phone, email, or using remote access software for staff traveling or based in field offices.
- Maintain user accounts for Microsoft 365, Active Directory, anti-spam, SSO and other services.
- Manage wireless provider phone accounts, support mobile devices, and troubleshoot issues.
- Interface with vendors to procure new equipment and software.
- Packaging and shipping equipment for remote staff.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Create and maintain updated documentation.
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or equivalent demonstrated work experience and proficiency in technical analysis and written technical reports
- 3 or more years of experience supporting Windows 10, MacOS, Office 2013/2016/365
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system while providing timely resolution of problems or escalation to appropriate technical team members.
- Experience installing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting printers, computers, peripherals, VOIP phones, and other common office equipment.
- Experience maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
- Practice providing support to staff with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktops, laptops, mobile phones or networking services.
- Basic understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, cabling, patch panels, switches and routers.
- Patience assisting and providing hands-on training to users of varying levels of technical expertise in sometimes complex and high-pressure situations.
- Experience supporting users remotely across multiple sites, countries and time zones using slow and unreliable internet connections.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in both a small local team environment and with a globally dispersed team.
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills are very important.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Some international travel may be required.