Senior Analyst, Immunization Service Delivery and Coverage
Senior Analyst, Immunization Service Delivery and Coverage
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Through improved access to clean water, increased immunization coverage, better hand sanitation and hygiene, and stronger neonatal care, India has drastically reduced Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) from 68 in 2000 to 34 in 2016 and Under Five Mortality Rate (U5MR) from 74 (2005) to 39 in 2016. Neonatal Mortality Rate stands at 24. However, approximately 900,000 children under the age of five still due annually in India; the largest contribution to global under five mortality. Many of these deaths are caused by Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs) which can be reduced through immunization. Immunization is widely acknowledged as one of the most cost-effective and focused disease interventions. The internal community has declared 2011-2020 as the Decade of Vaccines and 194 member countries endorsed the Global Vaccine Action Plan 2011-2020 at the World Health Assembly in 2012.
India has committed to achieving the Sustainable Development Goal of reducing IMR to 25 by 2030 through various health and nutrition interventions. Since 2014, Government of India has prioritised immunization coverage improvement and new vaccine introductions to further decrease IMR and U5MR. India’s Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) caters to 26 million infants and ~30 million pregnant women through ~9 million immunizations sessions spread across the country. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Prime Minister’s Office have strengthened UIP and intensified immunization in India by putting a sharp focus on national catch up campaigns, rollout of new vaccines for diarrhoea, pneumonia and rubella, supply chain improvements and improved monitoring of Adverse Events Following Immunization.
Vaccines need to be stored in specialized cold chain between 2°-8° Celsius at various levels of the UIP supply chain such as the State and Regional Vaccine Store, District Vaccine Store, Community Health Centres and Primary Health Centres. To ensure that vaccines are available today and in the future to every child, it is imperative to have sufficient storage capacity today as well as projected capacity at each of these.
CHAI operates an immunization program in India to support the MoHFW and UIP in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The program also provides catalytic support to the National Cold Chain and Vaccines Management Resource Centre (NCCVMRC), which is based out of National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), on national projects. CHAI focuses on supporting UIP in improving availability, efficacy of vaccines and efficiency of vaccines systems by strengthening Cold Chain Management and Vaccines Delivery and Logistics. This entails working on various work streams such as Cold Chain Expansion, Network Optimization; Equipment Maintenance and Management, Temperature Monitoring, Stock Management and Vaccine distribution processes and Policy and Implementation. With the goal of further impacting coverage and equity, CHAI is now focusing on supporting national and state governments on broader operational aspects such as planning, capacity building and systems improvements for service delivery.
The Immunization program is looking for a Senior Analyst who can work closely with senior leadership on project strategy and contributing to the program's deliverables. CHAI seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical skills, problem-solving ability and communication skills. The Sr. Analyst must be able to function independently, be comfortable working and coordinating the operations of cross-functional teams, be flexible, and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
 NITI Aayog website accessed on 15th of November 2018
 Sample Registration Survey Bulletin 2016, Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI
 Comprehensive Multi Year Plan 2018 – 2022, Immunization Division, MoHFW, GoI
- Closely collaborate with Program Manager in development of coverage improvement strategies in collaboration with key government stakeholders and development partners in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
- Undertake primary and secondary research and deliver data based insights to provide credible evidence for formulating coverage improvement strategies and decision making
- Execute implementation of immunization systems strengthening activities to improve full immunization coverage and quality of immunization service delivery across Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh
- Support the Program Manager in development and implementation of the Immunization Delivery Program, ensuring consistent improvements in immunization supply chain and service delivery through strengthening of Cold Chain Management,
- Vaccines Delivery and Logistics, data systems and review mechanisms
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships with MoHFW, government stakeholders and key partners
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 2-3 years of experience in a of experience in a demanding, results driven, environment such as management consulting
- Ability to lead small project teams on diverse set of projects
- Exceptional analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and skills with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in written form) and to tailor communication to a variety of audiences
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including technical information, and to prepare compelling presentations and reports
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, limited-structure, high-pressure, multicultural environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- MBA/MPA/MPP or a Master’s Degree in Economics or related fields
- Significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive
- Development or Social sector consulting experience
- Expertise in data analytics for problem solving