- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Cambodia
- Additional Location Description
- Phnom Penh
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI has supported the Ministry of Health in Cambodia since 2005 providing technical assistance in program areas of malaria, HIV/ADS, Tuberculosis, and Sexual & Reproductive Health, among others.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills. The Technical Advisor will provide strategic and technical guidance to a large and growing CHAI team and will be responsible for a wide variety of activities from program design to program guidance and monitoring, in order to build workable and sustainable solutions to strengthen and improve healthcare systems.
The Technical Advisor will act as a thought partner to the Country Director and Deputy Country Director. They will be expected to support program managers to strengthen strategic and operational plans, program monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks, target setting and performance tracking capacity. They will also be responsible for tasks including support for study design, protocol development, data collection tool development, data analysis and visualization, and preparation of dissemination materials. They will collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, such as government officials, partners and CHAI global teams.
- Provide strategic thinking around development of interventions and program strategies as a thought partner to Country Director, Deputy Country Director, and Program Managers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of both the health landscape in Cambodia and the Ministry of Health’s key priorities, monitor disease trends and developments in the Cambodian health system to understand how CHAI can best contribute to health interventions and address bottlenecks
- Support new program development and resource mobilization efforts, including participating in new program scoping, and drafting/ strengthening concept notes and proposals
- Advise on approaches for translating results in focal provinces into rationales for national scale-up
- Facilitate links between programs and proactively identify opportunities to strengthen CHAI’s support to the Ministry of Health
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations
- Provide technical advice to ensure CHAI-supported programs are evidence-based and aligned with implementation, clinical, and operational best practices
- Identify ways in which CHAI programs can be further strengthened for greater health impact
- Collaborate with program managers to develop/strengthen operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities together with the MOH for CHAI to add value and maximize impact
- Help program teams obtain technical and clinical best practices through communicating with CHAI global teams and external experts, performing scientific literature reviews, etc.
- Support program teams to develop guidelines, SOPs, and training materials ensuring accurate use of data
- Synthesize project results to support evidence-based decision making and communicating program impact through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications
- Work with program managers to document lessons learned and best practices and identify relevant resources and experiences from other CHAI countries.
- Support the Program Managers on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed
- Advise on development of monitoring & evaluation frameworks and program workplans
- Work with managers to monitor progress towards targets and modify implementation to achieve targets, including developing and maintaining data dashboards where needed
- Advise on the design of data collection tools and protocols for program assessments
- Compile, synthesize and analyze assessment data to inform programmatic decision making and development of materials and reports
- Provide support to ensure research activities comply with ethical standards and policies
- Proactively advise on potential program challenges and make recommendations to inform continuous improvement, strategic decision-making, and resource allocation.
- Join program teams on regular monitoring through site visits
Other responsibilities as needed
- Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of working experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
- Strong strategic/structured thinker, with a track record of creating a vision for complex programs
- Dedicated team player, with a good eye for people development/coaching
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills ability to identify, gather, manage, and synthesize relevant information to support data-driven decisions
- Proven project management skills: ability to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills in English, oral and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Experience working with government officials and external partner organizations
- Applied M&E experience, including designing program assessments, impact evaluations or operational research projects in developing countries
- Familiarity with key health systems strengthening concepts and approaches
- Strong commitment to CHAI’s mission,
CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic
- Clinical or medical background or advanced degree in Epidemiology
- Skills in data management and statistical analysis (e.g Stata or SAS), surveillance platforms (e.g. DHIS2), data collection tools (e.g. ODK, SurveyCTO) and/or data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with handling large datasets
- Khmer language