Senior Strategic Analysis Advisor - FAO RLC
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development, climate change mitigation and adaptation through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RLC also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies.
The consultant reports to the Assistant Director General and Regional Representative of FAO for Latin America and the Caribbean (ADG/RR).
Under the overall guidance of the ADG/RR, the consultant will be in charge of providing technical inputs and policy advice that fosters the implementation of FAO´s mandate in the region. The consultant will support the Regional Office in socio-economic analysis to support strategic, technical and policy decision-making and action at the regional level.
Tasks and responsibilities
In the framework of regional priorities of FAO RLC, the incumbent will:
- Provide technical inputs and policy advice to the Assistant Director General, especially based on socio-economic analysis, to support the strategy, programmes and management of the Regional Office.
- Facilitate and support the mainstreaming and implementation at the regional level of new FAO corporate priorities.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the regional strategy for Resource Mobilization and Investment, and monitor its implementation.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the knowledge management system and activities in the Regional Office, and monitor its results and outcomes.
- Provide guidance and technical support to regional strategies and activities related to the reform of the United Nations.
- Participate in the regional leadership team.
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the ADG/RR.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree (Master/PhD) in Economics or other closely related fields.
- Extensive experience (12 years) at high levels of responsibility in government, and/or in the formulation of public policy advice in areas related to FAO’s mandate. Experience in Latin American and Caribbean countries.
- Working knowledge (level C) of Spanish and English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus;
- Building Effective Relationships;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement;
- Demonstrated experience in socio-economic research and analysis, in topics related to FAO’s mandate, such as, inter alia, rural development, poverty reduction, family farming, food and nutrition security and/or familiarity with the area of climate change, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Demonstrated experience in policy-making, policy dialogue, and policy implementation Demonstrated experience, from an economic perspective, in one or more topics related to FAO’s work
- Demonstrated managerial skills and a strong sense of responsibility;
- Ability to develop and maintain professional contacts within the organization and well-developed communication and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a diverse team of people of different national and cultural backgrounds in an international setting.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency