Humanitarian Affairs Associate
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of the filed Coordination and Access unit or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Humanitarian Affairs Associate will:
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative and operational activities with UN OCHA rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans;
- Drafts official Note Verbal in Arabic to support humanitarian and diplomatic objectives;
- Acts as Duty Officer and works in 24/7 shifts on a regular basis to support ongoing notification requirements;
- Regular engagement with the Saudi Led Coalition through EHOC;
- Regular engagement and follow up with humanitarian partners;
- Supports ongoing troubleshooting in line with operational requirements.
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (OCHA DLT), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, and acts as an interpreter when required;
- Manages the administrative workload to ensure humanitarian notification are processed and followed up in a timely manner;
- Translation of correspondences, when needed;
- Prepares the DLT monthly overview on activities performed and notifications submitted.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Maintenance and update of the filing system/notification platform, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit;
- Serves as back up to the Programme Associate and Administrative when required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to the notification platform
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- 2 years of exepriance with bachelor’s degree in related field; Or High school diploma with 5 years of working experience in general office support or related area;
- Knowledge of OCHA operations is an advantage;
- Skills in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) are required;
- Experience in working with Government, military institutions, UN Agencies and logistics operations is desirable;
- UN experience, in particular related to Yemen, is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 30 November 2020