Environmental Health Manager
The Environmental Health/WASH Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth Implementation and Management of WASH program in Melkadida & Kobe Refugee camps, Somali Region. The program focuses mainly on safe water supply, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities. The Environmental Health Manager reports to the Melkadida Camp Manager operationally and technically to the Senior Environmental Health (EH) Manager.
- Oversee the implementation of the EH program in Melkadida & Kobe Refugeecamps to ensure the program is implemented according to schedule and budgets, international standards, and that EH program objectives are met;
- Prepare designs and BOQs for Water and Sanitation infrastructures and supervise quality of construction works.
- Monitor the purchase and use of materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Conduct regular monitoring and internal evaluations and conduct annual KPC surveys.
- Contribute to the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the Senior EH Manager, and Grants team.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- Recruit EH staffs in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, and orient new staff to the IRC and the EH program
- Provide ongoing leadership to the project team and overseeing implementation and coordination of activity plans to ensure targets are met.
- Provide ongoing supervision, and technical support and guidance to EH staff, and ensure all EH staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation
- In conjunction with camp managers, ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Recommend and implement a capacity building/development plan for project staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Ensure EH staff understands and follows IRC and donor Policies and Procedures.
Grants Management & Reporting
- Manage and oversee all the Environmental Health grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for all projects;
- Prepare finance utilization plan and review monthly financial BVA;
- Participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings;
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, as required;
- Assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
Representation & Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders - including NGOs, UN agencies, Gov’t representatives and other IRC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate;
- Attend the WASH coordination meetings or represent the IRC in other relevant forums.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor, FC, DDP or CD.